We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Selection processing

I'm using a Grid as a ListView in a dialog and I'm using only Row Selection. Each Row has an Object associated to it via Cell(,0).Tag. My question is how do I get access to my selected tagged object? In looking at previous posts and the documention, I see how I can get a range object covering the selected cells. Unfortunately, I don't see how I use the GridRangeInfo object to pluck the value out of the cell. I searched the samples hoping to see how the GetFirstCell() and GetNextCell() methods are used but didn't get any hits. I have also looked at simply using the GridListControl instead, but my objects have lots of properties that I don't want to expose to the GUI via the control. The sample for GridListControl doesn't show how to use CreateGridColumn() method so I can add just the columns I need. Thanks, Rollan

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 10, 2002 04:16 PM UTC

Rollan, The GridRangeInfo object has a Top member that will return the top row of a range of rows (as well as a Bottom member). Once you have the row number, you can use it as an index into the Cell(row,0).Tag. Post again if you need more information. Clay

RM Rollan Mosko October 10, 2002 07:14 PM UTC

Hi Clay, The .Top member did the trick for me. It turns out Top() is undocumented in my class reference documentation. I'll pay closer attention to the tooltips now. thanks, Rollan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon