We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Essential Edit drag drop

I am trying to drag from a GroupView to an Essential Edit control. Here is my code for the OnDragEnter of the edit control: protected override void OnDragEnter(DragEventArgs drgevent) { if ( drgevent.Data.GetDataPresent( Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.GroupView.GroupViewFormatName ) == true ) { drgevent.Effect = System.Windows.Forms.DragDropEffects.Copy; } } -------- The drag effect always stays "none" and when the mouse button is released, the DragDrop event is not fired. I am deriving from the Essential Edit control.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2004 05:41 PM UTC

Hi Ben You were on the right track. Here is what I tried to do what you are looking for. In the GroupBarDemo sample (located in the Tools\samples\GroupBar Package\GroupBarDemo folder) I added an EditControl and then added the following code snippet in it''s DragEnter event: private void editControl1_DragEnter(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs e) { if(e.Data.GetDataPresent(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.GroupView.GroupViewFormatName) == true) { Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.GroupViewItem item = e.Data.GetData( Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.GroupView.GroupViewFormatName ) as Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.GroupViewItem; this.editControl1.AppendText(item.Text); this.editControl1.AppendText("\r"); } } Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon