We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding a dynamically updated submenu to unhide(show) hidden columns

Hi All,
I recently implemented some functionality in the grid that creates a dynamically updated submenu to unhide columns based on columns that have been hidden. The submenu has a "Hide column" option that will hide the column that initiated the context menu when chosen. The contextopen function contains logic that will look at all columns that are hidden on the grid add add them to the "Unhide Column" submenu. When you select any column in that submenu that was previously hidden via the "Hide Column" option in the submenu, it will unhide the column and the column will no longer appear in the unhide submenu.

I created a playground area so you can see it in action here: http://jsplayground.syncfusion.com/2knrxdbh

To see what it does, just right click on any column and select "Hide Column". Then right click on any column again and go to the "Unhide Column" menu item and you will see your hidden column or columns in the sub menu. Selecting any hidden column will unhide that column from the grid.

Just thought I would share in case anyone else was looking for this functionality. Hope you find it useful.

Best Regards,
Mike

1 Reply

JK Jayaprakash Kamaraj Syncfusion Team January 5, 2017 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Mike, 

I hope this information will be useful for our other users. Thanks for sharing with us. 

Regards, 

Jayaprakash K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon