We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Row Enter event

I have a databound grid control that has several rows in it. Some of the rows are read only and I use the gridRowEnter event to prevent them from editing that row (set e.cancel = true). However when the first row is not editable I get duplicate pop-ups (I pop up a message box warning). I have tried to set the currentcell to row 0 using the moveto method however I still see the little triangle pointer in row 1 (which I believe is why the cancel of rowenter causes the duplicate pop-up). Any suggestions?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2004 03:52 PM UTC

Try hooking the RowEnter event after you have set your DataSource to the grid. So, maybe add a FormLoad handler and at the bottom of FormLoad, subcribe to the RowEnter event. In VB, you would want to remove the Handles clause from the handler signature line and instead add a AddHandler call at the bottom of formload. In C#, you could just move the designer code subscribing to the event to the bottom of formload.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon