We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid customization questions

Hi,

I have a data grid with filters on each columns and I have a couple of questions.  If there is an API documentation page for any of these, feel free to point me there.

1.  I would like to create my own search text box.   Is there a way to call the built-in search feature using JavaScript?  
2.  Can I hide the filter button on a single column?
3.  How do I add scrollbars if the screen space is too small to show them all?

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team January 4, 2017 05:16 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Query #1: I would like to create my own search text box.   Is there a way to call the built-in search feature using JavaScript?  

We have already discussed on this requirement in our online documentation which can be tracked through below link. 

Query #2: Can I hide the filter button on a single column? 

We suspect that you would like to disable filtering for a particular column. This can be achieved by setting the “AllowFiltering” column level property as false. 

Query #3: How do I add scrollbars if the screen space is too small to show them all? 

We can enable Scrolling in Grid by setting the “AllowScrolling” property and “ScrollSettings” property of the Grid. Please refer to the below online documentation for more information. 

Note: The APIs used in ASP.NET and MVC wrapper is similar to that JavaScript APIs. For example, in JavaScript allowFiltering is used to enable filtering to grid whereas in ASP.NET and MVC, the first letter is capitalized in the property ie AllowFiltering

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon