We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can the size of the NumericUpDown component be made smaller?

I want to take up less height on the component, (reduce the size of the component), so that I can fit more lines on the phone screen.  I have tried a StackLayout and a Grid, and in either case I cannot get the size of the NumericUpDown component to be smaller (without loosing part of it).  I have attached a screen print of the Android emulator.  I want that second line to be up next to the first one, and not loose anything from the second line.  I could not figure out how to get the following to line up correctly here...

<ContentPage.Content> <StackLayout x:Name= "mainStackLayout" Orientation="Vertical" Padding="10" Spacing="0"> <Label Text="Test1" Font="Bold, 20" VerticalOptions="Center" HorizontalOptions="Center"/> <StackLayout x:Name="Dir1StackLayout" Orientation="Horizontal" HeightRequest="35" Spacing="0"> <Label Text="Direction: " VerticalOptions="Center"/> <Picker x:Name="Dir1Picker" VerticalOptions="Center"> <Picker.Items> <x:String>N</x:String> <x:String>S</x:String> </Picker.Items> <Picker.SelectedIndex> 0 </Picker.SelectedIndex> </Picker> </StackLayout> <StackLayout x:Name="Feet1StackLayout" Orientation="Horizontal" VerticalOptions="Center" > <Label Text="Feet: " VerticalOptions="Center"/> <sfNUD:SfNumericUpDown Minimum="1" Maximum="180" Value="1" VerticalOptions="Center" WidthRequest="150" /> </StackLayout> <!-- <syncfusion:sfNTB HeightRequest="100" Value="1000" WidthRequest="200" FormatString="c" MaximumNumberDecimalDigits="2"/> --> </StackLayout> </ContentPage.Content>

Attachment: Spacing_76dc8716.7z

8 Replies

PK Pavendhan Kumar Syncfusion Team January 3, 2017 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Louis,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We were able to reproduce the reported issue "SfNumericUpDown crops while reducing its size" at our end. We have logged bug reports for the same. And a support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. 

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/ 

Regards,
Pavendhan K.

CB Confusion Bob January 17, 2017 01:44 PM UTC

Could someone tell me PUBLICLY how to resize SfNumericUpDown?
Or if that is possible at all?
Or if and when that is going to be?

I have already spent hours to get the thing visible at all.
It seems it can only be monstrously BIG, be not visible, or be malformed.
I have tried setting HeightRequest, WidthRequest, FontSize, MaximumDecimalDigits.

The normal size is far to big to enable to display anything else on the same line.
In portrait mode it takes the whole width.

CB Confusion Bob January 17, 2017 03:56 PM UTC

OK, a correction.

I overlooked setting HorizontalOptions="Start" to avoid taking all width. It then needs at least a WidthRequest="130" to keep the text area displayed.

The problems remains the dimensions and margin of the Buttons which make the control as a whole very large.

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team January 18, 2017 09:25 AM UTC

Hi Robert,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query: Resizing the SfNumericUpDown control

Yes,It is possible to resize SfNumericUpdown and currently we are having an issue with existing assemblies. Now the issue has been fixed and fix will be available on our upcoming 2017 Volume 1 release which expected to be rolled out by the mid of February 2017.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A

JF Jhonatan Fernando June 14, 2017 04:41 PM UTC

Has the issue been fixed?

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team June 15, 2017 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Jhonatan,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We were able to reproduce the reported issue "Text has been cropped when setting TextSize to high value" at our end. We have logged bug reports for the same. And a support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

EM Emil July 25, 2017 02:08 PM UTC

I am having same problem as shown in the image. this works on 5inch phone but they i try on 7 inch tablet, look at the minus-plus buttons and as well as text is totally outside of lines

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team July 26, 2017 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Emil,

Thank you for the update.

We suggest you to set HeightRequest and WidthRequest property for the SfNumericUpDown control to make the control to be visible fully. We have provided the sample for the reference. Please download the same from the below link.

Link:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/128080/ze/NumericUpDown-969966079 

Please run the above sample and check whether it satisfies your requirement. If not please provide the detailed description of yours and this will help us to proceed further with the requirement.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon