We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to localize Time Scale components

How to localize Time Sacale components (e.g. firstDay, days names, months names, ...) in ejGantt JS.
I saw that all strings are completely defined in ej.culture.it-IT.js but I'm not able to localize my gantt

$("#GanttContainer").ejGantt({
   locale: "it-IT",
});

Thank you
Luca

5 Replies

SR Suriyaprasanth Ravikumar Syncfusion Team January 2, 2017 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Luca, 
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 
We can localize the Gantt components by using “locale” property. For this we need to refer the following scripts. 
1.       ej.culture.it-IT.js  
2.       ej.localetexts.it-IT.js 
We have also prepared the sample for your reference, please find the sample from below location.  

You can get the culture and localetext script files from the below link. 

Thanks, 
Suriyaprasanth R. 

LM Luca Maria Tonelli January 4, 2017 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Suriyaprasanth,

thank you for your answer; now the localization is ok except for the two following points:

1 - in week view I'd like for the week to start on monday (lunedì) and not on sunday (domenica). I modified the "firstDay" parameter in ej.culture.it-IT.js file but  it didn't work

2 - in week view header, the box containing the first day of the week is not aligned with the box containing the week information.

Thank you
Luca M. Tonelli

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team January 5, 2017 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Luca, 
Please find the response below: 
Query 
Response 
In week view I'd like for the week to start on monday (lunedì) and not on sunday (domenica). I modified the "firstDay" parameter in ej.culture.it-IT.js file but  it didn't work 
At present there is no support for customizing first day of schedule in Gantt.  We have already logged a feature request regarding this. 
It will be implemented in our upcoming volume 1,2017 main release 
In week view header, the box containing the first day of the week is not aligned with the box containing the week information. 
Could you please share us your current product version/theme files/screen shots related to this query with us and it will be very helpful for us to understand your requirement clearly and update the response.  
Regards, 
Jone sherine P S 

LM Luca Maria Tonelli January 8, 2017 08:05 PM UTC

Thank you for your answers,

about the first point (configurable first day of the week) I'll wait for new version 1.2017

Concerning the second question I'll send you some details I hope will be helpful for you.

- Laptop ASUS N55J 5,6" 1920x1080

- Browsers: Firefox and Chrome  (last versions)

- Syncfusion versions: cdn.syncfusion.com/14.4.0.15 and 14.4.0.20

I'll attach a screenshot showing you the problem.

I tested the same application on other monitors (e.g. HP Pavilion 23xi - 1920X1080, ipad, ...) and it seems to work correctly.

Tank you.
Luca M. Tonelli

Attachment: gantt_weekview_a1bfe141.zip

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team January 10, 2017 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Luca, 
We regret for the inconvenience caused. 
We can able to reproduce the alignment issue in Gantt scheduler and we have confirmed this as bug and logged a report on this. Also we have created a support incident under your account to track the status of this issue. 
Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 
Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.
Regards,

Jone sherine P S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon