We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bug Report - PDFViewerControl and System Currency Settings

If I use an instanced PDFViewerControl in code and print via PrintDialog, it resets the system currency settings for FormatCurrency() replacing the $ with a ¤.

On that note, I am unable to print with said instanced control. I have to use the PrintDialog. I can print directly if I use a control on a form.

I've attached a demo application that shows the bug in action. I'm also putting the code here though whoever looks at this will need to make the corresponding form.

I'm also not including the SyncFusion DLL files. I am including a test pdf.

Public Class Form1
    Private Sub cmdShowCurrency_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles cmdShowCurrency.Click
        txtShowCurrency.Text = FormatCurrency(1.25)
    End Sub
    Private Sub cmdOpenFile_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles cmdOpenFile.Click
        Dim OpenPDF As New Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.PdfViewer.PdfViewerControl
        OpenPDF.Load("test.pdf")
        If chkPrintWithoutPrintDialog.Checked Then
            OpenPDF.Print(False)
        Else
            Dim dialog As New PrintDialog()
            dialog.AllowPrintToFile = True
            dialog.Document = OpenPDF.PrintDocument
            dialog.Document.Print()
        End If
        OpenPDF.Unload()
    End Sub
End Class

Attachment: SystemCurrencyResetBug_8b65dda0.7z

1 Reply

AS Aravinth Sampath Syncfusion Team January 4, 2017 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Thaddeus, 

A support incident to track the status of reported issue “While using PDFViewerControl in code and print via PrintDialog, it resets the system currency settings for FormatCurrency() replacing the $ with a ¤ and “Unable to print with PdfViewer control”,  has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards, 
Aravinth 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon