We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Report does not show data results

Hi,
When I build a report (with date parameters) using SQL Report Builder or syncfusion Report Designer and I run it all works fine, but when I exported to Visual Studio 2015 and run my project, it show me "No Data Available" for the chart and it does not show the table.

style type="text/css">
    #reportviewer {
        width: 100% !important;
        height: 700px !important;
    }
</style>
<div id="ControlRegion">
    <div>
        @(Html.EJ().ReportViewer("reportviewer")
        .ProcessingMode(Syncfusion.JavaScript.ReportViewerEnums.ProcessingMode.Remote)
                .ReportPath("~/App_Data/Report.rdl")
        .ReportServiceUrl(VirtualPathUtility.ToAbsolute("~/api/ReportAPI")))
    </div>
    @(Html.EJ().ScriptManager())
</div>

Regards,
Anis

Attachment: Pictures_2de554db.rar

5 Replies

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team December 27, 2016 06:33 AM UTC

Hi Anis, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We were unable to reproduce the mentioned issue at our end. We have prepared a sample and tested the Report with date dependent parameter and it’s working fine at our end as shown in shared screenshot. The mentioned issue might be occurred due to different browser and machine culture used in your system. So can you please share the machine, browser culture and issue reproducible RDL file to validate the mentioned issue at our end. 

ReportViewer O/P: 

We have prepared a sample and it can be downloaded from, 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

AN Anis December 27, 2016 12:16 PM UTC

Hi,
I found the problem, my table and diagrams using the date filter (parameters: DateFrom and DateTo), when I delete these filters all works in the report designer and in the browser (project).
The difference I found is that in the report designer date format is "dd/mm/yyyy" and the browser is "mm/dd/yyyy" (screenshot below)
Am I wrong?
How to fixe this?

Regards,
Anis

Attachment: Screenshot_3e900f6c.rar

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team December 28, 2016 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Anis, 

Yes, the localization problem happens when browser and machine have different culture. Our parameter dropdown component will render based on browser culture. So we request you to render the control UI in local machine culture (Arabian culture) in order to resolve the mentioned issue at your end as shown in below code example, 

<title>Syncfusion RDL Sample</title> 
<link rel='nofollow' href="~/content/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 
<link rel='nofollow' href="~/content/ejthemes/ej.widgets.core.min.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 
<link rel='nofollow' href="~/content/ejthemes/default-theme/ej.widgets.all.min.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 
<link rel='nofollow' href="~/content/default.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 
<link rel='nofollow' href="~/content/reportdefault.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 

<script src="~/Scripts/jquery-1.11.3.min.js"></script> 
<script src="~/scripts/jquery.easing.1.3.min.js"></script> 

<script src="~/scripts/ej.web.all.min.js"></script> 
<script src="~/Scripts/ej.unobtrusive.min.js"></script> 
<script src="~/Scripts/ej.culture.ar-TN.js"></script> 

<body style="overflow: hidden; position: static; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100%"> 
    <div style="width:100%; height:100%; position:absolute;"> 
        @(Html.EJ().ReportViewer("reportsample") 
        .ProcessingMode(Syncfusion.JavaScript.ReportViewerEnums.ProcessingMode.Remote) 
                .ReportServiceUrl(VirtualPathUtility.ToAbsolute("~/api/ReportApi")) 
                .ReportPath("~/App_Data/Sample_new.rdl") 
                .Locale("ar-TN") 
        ) 
    </div> 

</body> 

The date time format present inside the parameter are rendered correctly in Arabic culture as shown in shared screenshot. We have prepared a sample using locale property and it can be downloaded from, 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

AN Anis December 28, 2016 03:14 PM UTC

Thank you for your help.

Regards, 
Anis

SR Soundara Rajan S Syncfusion Team December 29, 2016 07:46 AM UTC

Hi Anis, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Soundara Rajan S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon