We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using SfDateTimeRangeNavigator with non-DateTime X values?

Hi,

I'm trying to create a UserControl to select a certain number of frames to view from an overall data set.

The overall data has X values of frame numbers (0 through N) as ints and Y values as doubles.

SfDateTimeRangeNavigator is the type of data selector that I'm looking for, but it seems to only be able to use X values in DateTime formats.

Is there any way to make SfDateTimeRangeNavigator work bound to X integer values?

I saw it's inherited class, RangeNavigator, which would work, but it doesn't have XBindingPath, ItemsSource, or SelectedData properties to use.

Could anyone advise me on this, please?

- Thanks

3 Replies

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team December 23, 2016 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 
Currently, we do not have support for selecting the numerical values using SfDateTimeRangeNavigator. However, we have achieved your requirement by using SfRangeNavigator. We have prepared a demo sample based on your requirement and it can be downloaded from below link, 

Regards, 
Devi 

BM Ben M December 23, 2016 03:39 PM UTC

Thanks Devi!

Currently I can bind to ViewRangeEnd and ViewRangeStart, with your example, which gets the values as a percentage that the Thumbs are at.

Do you know if there's any way to convert the ViewRange values from a percentage along the line to the actual integer number that they represent along the X axis?

The actual formula for this is simple, I'm just having issues with the data Binding for the IValueConverter interface.

- Thanks

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team December 27, 2016 11:30 AM UTC

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for your update. 

We have achieved your requirement by using value converter (converting view start and end range to corresponding coefficient value). We have prepared a demo sample based on your requirement and it can be downloaded from below link, 

Regards, 
Devi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon