We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ProgressBar: WaitingGradient + Tube-style

Is it possible to make the progressbar look like the one that''s shown when Windows XP boots? I''m thinking of a combination of having the WaitingGradientEnabled set to true and having the ProgressStyle set to Tube... I hope you know what I mean.

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2004 09:48 PM UTC

Hi Kenneth, Please set the following ProgressBar properties for this purpose : this.progressBarAdv1.WaitingGradientEnabled = true; this.progressBarAdv1.ProgressStyle = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ProgressBarStyles.WaitingGradient; this.progressBarAdv1.WaitingGradientInterval = 100; this.progressBarAdv1.WaitingGradientWidth = 300; this.progressBarAdv1.GradientEndColor = System.Drawing.Color.IndianRed; this.progressBarAdv1.GradientStartColor = System.Drawing.Color.MistyRose; this.progressBarAdv1.TextVisible = false; I have also a attached a sample here which shows how this can be done. Please refer to it and let me know if this meets your requirements. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal SYncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2004 07:50 AM UTC

It''s half way what I want! The "progress-indicator" should be six or seven (or so) small sections... Just like when WinXP boots... Using your example to get these "sections" you should: - Set ProgressStyle to System - Set Value to 50 - Set ThemesEnabled to True I hope that clarifies what I''d like?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2004 08:51 PM UTC

Hi Kenneth, Thanks for the update. I understand your requirements better now. I have consulted the development team for their inputs on this, and will update you with more information soon. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2004 05:11 AM UTC

Anything new on this issue?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2004 11:41 AM UTC

Hi Kenneth, A few changes have been made in the ProgressBarAdv''s source code to accomodate your request. These changes are currently internal and will be available in the next release of Essential Suite (post v2.0.5.0 releases). You could now control the segmented waiting gradient as follows: 1. Set ProgressStyle to WaitingGradient 2. Set CustomWaitingRender to true. This enables the custom waiting render behavior which fires the DrawWaitingCustomRender event. This event lets you do the desired drawing. If you perform custom drawing, you should specify that to the ProgressBarAdv (so that it does not perform its default painting), by setting e.Handled = true. If no custom painting is done, then you do not have to set e.Handled value, and the ProgressBarAdv draws its default segmented waiting gradient. The type of segments are specified through the ProgressFallbackStyle and only Continous, Tube, Gradient and System are possible. 3. Set the WaitingGradientWidth property to set the width of the gradient 4. Set the WaitingGradientInterval property to set the timer interval 5. Set SegmentWidth property to set the segment width We appreciate your patience, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 07:47 PM UTC

Has this functionality been added to version 2.0.5.1? /Kenneth

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 26, 2004 10:16 PM UTC

Hi Kenneth, Yes, v2.0.5.1 does incorporate this feature. You could download the same by logging into your DirectTrac account on our website. This sample_application here illustrates how it works. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 2, 2004 09:48 AM UTC

Perfect!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon