We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Extended Office 2013 Style

I created my style for the RibbonBar component but if I set my style the ribbon bar lose the Office 2013 Style set in main window.
How can I create a style that extends the your office 2013 style?

Attachment: TestOfficeStyle_88c97fb2.zip

3 Replies

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team December 19, 2016 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Mayank,   

We would like to explain about the behavior of ResourceDictionary. When you apply the style for the control using our SkinStorage, the style gets applied from our source then it gets overridden by the style which you have given in the sample level. This is the behavior of Style which gets applied based on priority. To overcome this, we need to use "BasedOn" property. We have modified your previously updated sample by including “BasedOn” property and it can be downloaded from the below location.   

Sample: RibbonOverrideStyle   

Please let us know whether it is helpful.   

Regards,   
Keerthana J   

CS CSharpino December 19, 2016 04:47 PM UTC

ok this solution solves my problem but I have another question:

What is the difference between this file:
<ResourceDictionary Source="/Syncfusion.Shared.WPF;component/SkinManager/Office2013Style.xaml"/>
and this:
<ResourceDictionary Source="/Syncfusion.Tools.WPF;component/Framework/Ribbon/Themes/Office2013Style.xaml"/>

Thanks a lot.

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team December 20, 2016 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Mayanak,   

We have maintained our Ribbon control source under the directory “Syncfusion.Tools.WPF”. We have also separately maintained the Office2013 style file for Ribbon. So for our Ribbon control, the style file has been applied from the directory “/Syncfusion.Tools.WPF;component/Framework/Ribbon/Themes/Office2013Style.xaml”.   
Similarly, for MS controls (like ComboBox, TextBox…) we have maintained our style file under the assembly “Syncfusion.Shared.WPF”. Hence, From this directory “/Syncfusion.Shared.WPF;component/SkinManager/Office2013Style.xaml” Office2013 style gets applied to the MS controls . Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.   

Regards,  

Keerthana J   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon