We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

How to show progress ring?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

127892 Dec 15,2016 11:29 PM UTC Dec 19,2016 08:53 AM UTC ASP.NET MVC 3
Tags: Grid
R Brian Lindahl
Asked On December 15, 2016 11:29 PM UTC

I'm using row drag & drop that involves a server-side call that can take 15-20 seconds. I'd like to show the progress ring as if the grid is loading new data so that the customer will not think that the app is just stuck. Is it possible to do this? I'm picturing a call to show & hide the ring at the beginning & end of the javascript function that calls the server-side code.

Ragavee U S [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 16, 2016 10:14 AM UTC

Hi Brian, 

We suspect that your requirement is to show/hide waitingpopup control when triggering a server side call and updating the grid dataSource.  

<script type="text/javascript"> 

//click event of button 
    function getData(e) { 
        $("#Grid").ejWaitingPopup("show");//show the waitingpopup control before ajax call 
        $.ajax({ 
            url: "/Home/GetData", 
            type: "POST", 
            dataType: 'json', 
            contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8", 
            success: function (data) { 
                $("#Grid").ejGrid({ dataSource: data.d.data }); 
                $("#Grid").ejWaitingPopup("hide");//hide the control after binding data to grid 
            } 
        }); 
    } 

</script> 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

R Brian Lindahl
Replied On December 16, 2016 04:35 PM UTC

Actually, I mis-stated the objective just slightly. Yes, the waitingpopup is what I'm looking for... however, in this case it's not a javascript call... I was remembering the wrong handler. In this case, I'm using

.RowDropSettings(drop => drop.RowDropMapper("/Products/RowDropHandler"))

Is there a way to turn on the waitingpopup during the rowmapper call? Is there a way to handle the row drop in javascript so that I can add the call as you described? 

Ragavee U S [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 19, 2016 08:53 AM UTC

Hi Brian, 

Yes. We do have ejGrid client side events “rowDrop” and “beforeRowDrop” which will be triggered upon dropping rows in grid. Please refer to the below documentation for more information. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;