We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

multiple timelines

1. Is it possible to have access to multiple timelines and have them synchronise when scrolling?

5 Replies

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team December 12, 2016 06:08 AM UTC

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Your requirement of “Selecting multiple timelines in SfSchedule” can be achieved by using Key gesture feature available in SfSchedule and Key for Timeline Selection are as follows.

ACTION

KEY

Time line Selection UP

Shift + Up

Time line Selection Down

Shift + Down

Time line Selection Right

Shift +Right

Time line Selection Left

Shift + Left

Please refer the attached document for Key gesture support in SfSchedule.

Regards,

Jeyasri M.

Attachment: KeyGesture_51f46b51.zip

GS Geoff Scott December 12, 2016 08:37 AM UTC

Hi Jeyasri

Unfortunately, that is not quite what I was talking about.
What I want is to be able to stack timelines is a similar way to a Gantt diagram.
I would only want one header (date line).
The ability to zoom in and out (changing the unit size to hours / days) would also be handy.

Cheers
Geoff

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team December 13, 2016 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Geoff,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regarding Query” Displaying stack timelines with single header”.

You can use the Schedule Timeline view to achieve your requirement by setting ScheduleType property as TimeLine. Based on that we have prepared a sample and it can be download from the attachment.

Code Snippet:

SfSchedule schedule = new SfSchedule();

schedule.ScheduleType = ScheduleType. TimeLine;

this.grid.Children.Add(schedule);

Also you can refer the below help document for more details about schedule build in views.

UG Link: https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfschedule/basic-view

Regarding Query “To zoom in and out (changing the unit size to hours / days)”.

As of now we don’t have the support to Zoom in/Zoom out to change the size of Schedule hours/days.

If the provided details are didn’t satisfy your requirements, could you please revert us back with more details so that we could analyze further and provide you a possible solution.

Regards,

Jeyasri M.

Attachment: Schedule_TimeLineView_a84dc84b.zip

GS Geoff Scott December 13, 2016 06:57 PM UTC

That doesn't work too well as it creates an entirely new schedule in the grid (on should use a stack panel as they sit on top of each other) rather than add rows to the existing schedule. (i.e. I don't need two headings as they take up considerable real estate).

Zooming is fairly important.

The overall effect I'm looing for is a cross between as Gantt and Timeline schedule.

SG Sridharan Gajendran Syncfusion Team December 14, 2016 10:40 AM UTC

Hi Geoff, 

We can achieve your requirement with our GanttControl. Please find the demo sample from the below location. 

Gantt 

For more information, please refer the below documentation links. 

Regards, 
Sridharan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon