We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Windows Store Packages are Huge

Hello,
When you create a new UWP project in visual studio, and add the Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML (Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML, Version=14.4.0.15) to use a SfTextBox it makes the package that goes to the store huge.
It is problematic because if I use just 1 Syncfusion control I have to add the above reference, but after looking it adds everything, Graphing, PDF creation.....
How do I just add what I need?
A simple mobile UWP project that is about 4MB, and then adding a Syncfusion control ends up being 57MB.
Thank you,

3 Replies

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team December 8, 2016 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Tony,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.   

We request you to add the individual assembly related to the specific control instead of adding “Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML” for loading the individual control. For example, to load our SfTextBoxExt, please add “Syncfusion.SfInput.UWP” and “Syncfusion.SfShared.UWP” to your Application which is available in the below location of your machine   

Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.4.0.15\Assemblies for Universal Windows\10.0   

Required assemblies of the Syncfusion controls are mentioned in documentation. Please check the below link for your reference.   

It helps to reduce the size of the Application. Please let us know if you need further assistance.   

Regards,   
Keerthana J.   

TO Tony December 8, 2016 01:15 PM UTC

Hi,

I went to that directory that you stated and there is only XML files in there.  There are no dll's.  Is that directory correct?
I would also have to add what DLL's for SfTextBoxExt?

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team December 9, 2016 07:31 AM UTC

Hi Tony, 

Query 1: I went to that directory that you stated and there is only XML files in there.  There are no dll's.  Is that directory correct? 

We have shared the screenshot of the previously mentioned directory in which you may found the Syncfusion dll’s for the Universal Windows Application. 

Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.4.0.15\Assemblies for Universal Windows\10.0 

Please refer the below screenshot for further reference. 

Query 2: I would also have to add what DLL's for SfTextBoxExt? 

As mentioned in our previous update, we request you to use “Syncfusion.SfInput.UWP” and “Syncfusion.SfShared.UWP” for SfTextBoxExt control. Additionally, please refer the below documentation link to know the assemblies which has been used for the Syncfusion controls.   

Regards, 
Keerthana J. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon