We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PlusMinusLine Glyphs like in GridTreeControl?

Hey together,

so this is actually more like a general question what control would be best to use in the specific case.

Basically I want to display hierarchical data (nested quite deep, so the MasterDetail-View of the DataGrid is out) in a visually more advanced way.
I would like to know the following things:
  1. Can I add lines like "PlusMinusLine" from the GridTreeControl to the SfTreeGrid?
  2. If not, is the GridTreeControl still considered actual or means the "classic" tag it's relatively deprecated?
  3. How can I specify the FontSize of a Cell for a GridTreeControl in XAML?
  4. Would the TreeViewAdv control be an alternative?
To clear up what would be appreciated to have in addition:
  • Excel exporting
  • Hierarchical databinding (I think that's available for all)
  • Multiple columns
  • Availability to have gridlines
Thanks and greetings

3 Replies

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team December 8, 2016 11:43 AM UTC

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.      

Can I add lines like "PlusMinusLine" from the GridTreeControl to the SfTreeGrid?   

Currently, we do not have support for adding  “PlusMinusLine” in SfTreeGrid.  So, we have added it to our feature request list, and it can be tracked through our Features Management System and we will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases.  But we have a support for customizing the expander cell icon in SfTreeGrid.  

If not, is the GridTreeControl still considered actual or means the "classic" tag it's relatively deprecated?   

We have deprecated the GridTreeControl.  When we compare the GridTreeControl to SfTreeGrid, we have included more features.  SfTreeGrid has multiple features like Node CheckBox, Column sizer, Data validation, Editing, Styling,  Sorting, Selection, Exporting,  Clipboard support etc.    

How can I specify the FontSize of a Cell for a GridTreeControl in XAML?   

In SfTreeGrid, you can apply the FontSize for a cell by writing the style for “TreeGridCell”. For expander column, you need to set the style by using TargetType as “TreeGridExpanderCell”. For your reference, we have attached the code example and simple sample in the below location,   

Code-Snippet    

<Window.Resources>   
    <Style TargetType="syncfusion:TreeGridExpanderCell">   
        <Setter Property="FontSize" Value="12" />   
        <Setter Property="FontFamily" Value="Segoe UI" />   
   </Style>   
    <Style TargetType="syncfusion:TreeGridCell">   
        <Setter Property="FontSize" Value="12" />   
        <Setter Property="FontFamily" Value="Segoe UI" />   
   </Style>   
</Window.Resources>    

We have already achieved the desired behavior in SfTreeGrid. Could you please refer our dashboard sample on your install location of EssentialStudio build. The following path contains the sample from the dashboard.    
..\..\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{installedVersion}\WPF \ SfGrid.WPF\Samples\ TreeGrid\.    

Excel exporting   

For excel exporting, you can refer the dashboard sample of TreeGrid in the below location,    

\..\..\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{installedVersion}\WPF \ SfGrid.WPF\Samples\ TreeGrid\ExcelExportingDemo\    

Hierarchical databinding (I think that's available for all)   

For binding, you can refer the any dashboard sample of TreeGrid in the below location   

\..\..\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{installedVersion}\WPF \ SfGrid.WPF\Samples\ TreeGrid\    

Multiple columns   

You can refer the below UG document link for further reference.     

Availability to have gridlines   

By default, SfTreeGrid has grid cell borders.  If your requirement is different from this, could you please let us know your requirement clearly with screenshot? This would be helpful to provide an appropriate solution.   

For TreeViewAdv control, we have few requirements is available. Please find more details in following table:    

Can I add lines like "PlusMinusLine"    

Yes, It is possible to achieve the reported requirements in TreeViewAdv control. But default appearance is not like plus minus line. It must be customized. You can refer the below UG document link for further reference.     

Can I specify the FontSize of a Cell    

We don’t have direct support for changing font size of a cell. You can achieve this requirement by customizing cell template.    

Excel Exporting and Availability to have gridlines   

These features are not applicable for TreeViewAdv control. 

Hierarchical databinding    

Multiple columns    

Please let us know if you have any concerns.   
Regards,
Muthukumar K  

NW Nyx Wallace June 27, 2017 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Muthukumar,

I also have the requirement to add the "PlusMinusLine" style from the GridTreeControl to the SfTreeGrid, is it achievable by customizing the expanter style?

Can I please be notified aswell when this feature is implemented? Or follow it's current status?

Thanks for the support

Cheers

Antoine

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team June 28, 2017 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Antoine 

We have checked your query. A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates,  

Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Regards, 
Muthukumar K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon