We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Loading large pdf documents into pdfviewer

Hello,
I love the pdfviewer. I have a question about the performance when dealing with big pdf files.

I noticed that when scrolling in de pdf viewer the next page or pages it takes time to render.

Is it possible to render the whole document at one? Are there any tips how te improve the pdf loading time.

Our end users are users who will scroll rather fast to check names of their clients in document larger then 1000 pages.

In added some screenshots with the loading page, the view that i used to show the pdf viewer and the action controller.

Regards, Jimmy.

Attachment: pdfviewerAndExamplePdf_4a6663ec.zip

1 Reply

SA Sabari Anand Senthamarai Kannan Syncfusion Team December 9, 2016 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Jimmy, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We have analyzed the provided PDF document and it contains multiple images in a single page. When the provided PDF document is loaded in the PDF viewer control, the decoding of the multiple images are taken some considerable amount of time to render the pages. Also, if we download all the pages which contain multiple images in the PDF document from the server to the client, there is a chance for a memory exception to occur during the data transfer. However, we will consider to improve the loading time of the PDF viewer when the documents with multiple images are loaded. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.  

Regards, 
Sabari Anand

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon