We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Speed up report processing MVC 4

Hello,

I am using Syncfusion.AspNet.Mvc4.Reportviewer (14.1.0.46) and my problem is that report processing time on the web is too slow compared with reportdesigner tool processing time for example,  and it gets worse as the formulas and repot pages  increase.

I'm using rdl api with rdl reports in this way:

@(Html.EJ().ReportViewer("viewer").ProcessingMode(Syncfusion.JavaScript.ReportViewerEnums.ProcessingMode.Remote) .ReportServiceUrl("/api/ReportApi") .ReportPath("/ReportPath"))

My app is running on IIS and server machine is powerful.

I need to know how can I increase report processing performance? Is it possible?

Thanks!

2 Replies

JJ Juan José Carmona Yebes November 30, 2016 09:25 AM UTC

Hello again,

I'm going to add some info to this case with a concrete example.

I have a report, for example, that takes more than 10 minutes consuming 3400 Mb of memory before being shown.

Is there anything that can be done to improve this?

Thanks again!

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team December 1, 2016 12:28 PM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked the performance issue and report is rendered in 30 secs in ReportViewer. We have tested the report with 5000 records and 180 pages the report is rendered in 30 secs and the consumed memory is around 300 MB at our end as shown in the below screenshot.   

Please find the memory allocation detail in below table,  

Before start application 
After completed rendering 
Memory Allocation 
8 Mb  
279 Mb 

For your reference, we have attached the demo video & sample and it can be downloaded from, 

Please share the number of records or page loaded in report and the issue reproducible RDL file to validate the issue at our end.   

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon