We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Missing GroupCaption in SfDataGrid

Hi,

I've the problem, that my SfDataGrid displays groups as defined in GroupColumnDescriptions, but without any Text when the SfDataGrid is within a TabItem.

If the same SfDataGrid is moved outside the TabControl the group captions are displayed correctly, but not in the TabControl.

I wanted to prepare a simple sample. But there I'm not able to reproduce the problem. So where is the reason for this behavior?

Please find the two attached screenshots (one with correct and one without group caption)

Regards

Harald

5 Replies

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team November 28, 2016 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Harald, 

We have checked your reported issue in our sample but we also not replicate the issue.  

Also, we didn’t find any screnshots for this issue as you mentioned your query. Could you please share more details like whether you have used any styles in your application also if possible can you please share the xaml and class files to replicate the issue. This would be more helpful for us to analyze further. 

Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

HB Harald Betzler November 29, 2016 09:47 AM UTC

Hi Jai,

I discovered two reasons.

1. A style of the surrounding TabItem sets Foreground="White" and Background="Red", which results to a GroupColumnDesciption with White-On-White. Ok, that's not really an issue. But, why is foreground inherited and not background?

2. The GroupColumnDescription is empty (really empty and not White-On-White), when in AutoGeneratingColumns event the generating of the grouped column is cancelled. The result is the same, if you configure ShowColumnWhenGrouped to True or False.

Ok, you can say a not-generated-column should not be grouped. But it works. You can group by a not-generated-column, but without a GroupColumnDescription. In my opinion there should be a valid GroupColumnDescription, if a valid grouping is displayed.

I've attached a sample, where you can see the behavior.

Regards

Harald

Attachment: SfGridSample7_8833f38a.zip

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team November 30, 2016 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Harald, 
You can achieve your requirement to show the GroupColumnDescription by hiding the column in AutoGeneratingColumn event like below, 

private void SampleDataGrid_AutoGeneratingColumn(object sender, AutoGeneratingColumnArgs e) 
{ 
    if (e.Column.MappingName == "ItemType") 
    { 
        e.Column.IsHidden = true; 
    } 
} 

Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

HB Harald Betzler December 7, 2016 06:14 PM UTC

Hi Jai,

that works perfectly. Thank you.

Regards
Harald

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team December 8, 2016 04:34 AM UTC

Hi Harald, 
Thank you for the update. 
Please let us know if you need further assistance in this. 
Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon