We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Getting text changes

Hi All, I am using the Edit – Control version 1.1 and like to react after the text in the control has been changed. My control is derived form the EditControl class. Could you pleas help me, and say what I have to do for getting these text changes. Thanks a lot kind regards, Alex

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2002 12:08 PM UTC

Alex, In the latest Edit code, an event TextChanged can be used to detect any text change. However, this event does not give the changed text (either added or deleted) and its location. It seems that directly comparing the old text and new text in the edit control is not a feasible way to get the changed text. The undo/redo stack might be used for this purpose, but some enhancements are still needed. A support engineer will contact with you regarding this problem. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Suite. Syncfusion Technical Support > Hi All, > > I am using the Edit – Control version 1.1 and like to react after the text in the control has been changed. My control is derived form the EditControl class. > Could you pleas help me, and say what I have to do for getting these text changes. > > Thanks a lot > kind regards, > Alex >

AH Alexander Hutter October 14, 2002 08:01 AM UTC

Hello, I do not need to get the changed text so it is OK to get the TextChanged event, but this event does not occur. Kind regards Alex > Alex, > > In the latest Edit code, an event TextChanged can be used to detect any text change. However, this event does not give the changed text (either added or deleted) and its location. It seems that directly comparing the old text and new text in the edit control is not a feasible way to get the changed text. The undo/redo stack might be used for this purpose, but some enhancements are still needed. A support engineer will contact with you regarding this problem. > > Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Suite. > > Syncfusion Technical Support > > > Hi All, > > > > I am using the Edit – Control version 1.1 and like to react after the text in the control has been changed. My control is derived form the EditControl class. > > Could you pleas help me, and say what I have to do for getting these text changes. > > > > Thanks a lot > > kind regards, > > Alex > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2002 10:42 PM UTC

Alex, This event was added after version 1.1. A support engineer will send you the instructions to download the latest code. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for choosing Essential Suite. Syncfusion Technical Support > Hello, > > I do not need to get the changed text so it is OK to get the TextChanged event, but this event does not occur. > > Kind regards > Alex > > > > Alex, > > > > In the latest Edit code, an event TextChanged can be used to detect any text change. However, this event does not give the changed text (either added or deleted) and its location. It seems that directly comparing the old text and new text in the edit control is not a feasible way to get the changed text. The undo/redo stack might be used for this purpose, but some enhancements are still needed. A support engineer will contact with you regarding this problem. > > > > Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Suite. > > > > Syncfusion Technical Support > > > > > Hi All, > > > > > > I am using the Edit – Control version 1.1 and like to react after the text in the control has been changed. My control is derived form the EditControl class. > > > Could you pleas help me, and say what I have to do for getting these text changes. > > > > > > Thanks a lot > > > kind regards, > > > Alex > > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon