We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Have just a 24hour recurring scheduler or a 7day recurring scheduler.

Hi,
  My customer bought me a license of syncfusion xamarin for app developlemt. 
The app is to control a hardware device. One thing we want to be able to do is to have a weekly or a daily schedule which the user can set for specific states of the device.
Is it possible to customize the SfScheduler to do either one of the following:
1) Show just a 24hour span to allow the user to create an appoinment without days of week or the calender date/year etc?
2) Show just the 7 day week and allow the user to create an appointment without the calender date/year etc?
Regards,
Sujit

3 Replies

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team November 22, 2016 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Sujit, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

Based on the provided information, we suspect that your requirement is to create appointments in Schedule view which displays either single day or entire days of a week. 

To display single day or entire days of a week. 

In order to display single day with 24 hours timeslots in it, we can set ScheduleView Property as DayView, also to view the entire days in a week , it has to be set as WeekView. To know more about it please refer the below link, 

To create appointments through interactions 

Appointments can be created in the Schedule control through interaction by using ScheduleCellTapped event available in SfSchedule. For this please refer the below code snippet. 

[C#] 
schedule.ScheduleCellTapped+=Schedule_ScheduleCellTapped; 

privatevoidSchedule_ScheduleCellTapped(objectsender,ScheduleTappedEventArgsargs)
{
vardate = args.datetime; //To get the selected date time
varappointment = args.selectedAppointment; //To get the selected Appointment
}  

The same scenario has been illustrated in our sample browser sample, for this please refer the below sample. 
 Xamarin/Samples/Forms/Samples/Schedule/ScheduleView. 

If the provided solution doesn’t meet your requirement, please provide us back with more information about your requirement along with screenshots (if possible.). So that we could analyse on it and provide you better solution. 

Regards, 
Sivakumar P 

SP Sujit Prasannakumar November 24, 2016 06:25 PM UTC

Hi Sivakumar,
   I have attached the screenshot from the sample scheduler component with the day view and week view and marked in red the things i don't need.
In case there is something wrong with attachment, the images are availabe at:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9531903/SchedulerDayView.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9531903/SchedulerWeekView.png
Again "I don’t need the month, year or days of the month" to be displayed in the control, because our schedule is for an end device which works with either daily recurring schedule (without any date component) or weekly (S M T W T F S).

Regards,
Sujit

Attachment: SchedulerDayAndWeekView_dcb9fc68.zip

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team November 25, 2016 11:20 AM UTC

Hi Sujit, 

Thanks for the update. 

Based on your provided information, your requirement (customize the SfSchedule header) can be achieved by setting Schedule HeaderHeight and ViewHeaderHeight to zero. By this action you can remove existing schedule header and add your own CustomHeader to the schedule. Please find the below code example,  

[c#] 
Schedule.HeaderHeight = 0; //Customize the schedule header height (Month Header)
Schedule.ViewHeaderHeight = 0;//Customize the Schedule header height(Day Header) 

Also we have prepared the simple sample based on your requirement, kindly find the sample link 

SampleLink :  HeaderCustomization 

Regards, 
Sivakumar P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon