We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Undo Deletion of a Record

Hi,

I want to create an option to 'undo' a deletion from the grid. I saw in the documentation that I can easily delete record(s) using this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.Records.DeleteRecords(rec); But is there a way to 'undo' it?

Alternatively, is there a way to hide/unhide selected records from the grid grouping control?

Thanks,
Swetaketu

1 Reply

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team November 22, 2016 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Swetaketu, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have analyzed your scenario and created the simple sample as per your requirement. In order to hide/unhide the records of grid, AddRange/Remove methods of RowHiddenEntries can be used. Please make use of the below code, 

Code example: 
void chk_hide_CheckStateChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) 
{ 
    GridRowHidden[] hiddenrows; 
    if (chk_hide.Checked) 
    { 
        int n = this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.SelectedRecords.Count; 
        int rowIndex; 
        hiddenrows = new GridRowHidden[n]; 
        for (int i = 0; i < n; i++) 
        { 
            rowIndex = this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.SelectedRecords[i].Record.GetRowIndex(); 
            hiddenrows[i] = new GridRowHidden(rowIndex); 
        } 
        //Hide the selected rows. 
        this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.Model.RowHiddenEntries.AddRange(hiddenrows); 
    } 
    else 
    { 
        //Unhide the selected rows. 
        while (this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.Model.RowHiddenEntries.Count > 0) 
        { 
            this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.Model.RowHiddenEntries.Remove(this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.Model.RowHiddenEntries[0]); 
        } 
    } 
} 

Sample link: 

Please refer the below KB for further references, 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon