We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Issue in export - exports Key and not the Value

Hi,

I have a dropdown column in my grid it works fine for edit.

ViewBag.genderdata = 

(value) B : (text)Boys
(value) G : (text)Girls
(value) A : (text)All

It displays Fine in Grid
When i save it saves the required Key in Database 

When I export to excel , it exports the Key and not the actual Values associated with it.

When I exported the grid , It shows  B in the exported column, actually I want to see : Boys

############# My column data
 col.Field(p => p.EXSCHD_GENDER).HeaderText("Gender").TextAlign(TextAlign.Left).ForeignKeyField("value").ForeignKeyValue("text").EditType(EditingType.Dropdown).DataSource((List<UGApps.Models.list_item>)ViewBag.genderdata).AllowEditing(true).Add();

#########

Thanks in advance for your great help.
Regards

Haneef Puttur

7 Replies

JK Jayaprakash Kamaraj Syncfusion Team November 21, 2016 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Haneef, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We were unable to reproduce the issue at our end. Please share the following information to find the cause of the issue.    

1.     Did you face the issue in initial rendering or any actions performed in Grid?    
2.     Share the video/screenshot to show the issue  
3.     Issue replication procedure.   
4.     Essential studio and browser details.  
5.     If possible, provide an issue reproducing sample or replicate the issue in the following sample.   

Regards, 

Jayaprakash K. 

HP Haneef Puttur November 21, 2016 11:33 AM UTC

Hi,

I tried the sample you sent with no changes.
When I click the export to excel option the employee Name column is showing the ID in the exported file , however in the grid view it properly displays the Employee name.
I have not made any changes to the sample file you have sent..  I have just referenced the following lines in web config to my version
  <assemblies>
                <!--<add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ, Version=14.4450.0.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" />-->
                <add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ, Version=14.3450.0.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" />
                   <!--<add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.Mvc, Version=14.4500.0.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" />-->
        <add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.MVC, Version=14.3500.0.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" />
      </assemblies>

Please compare the screenshot which shows grid and exported version ... so you will understand the issue better.

Regards

Haneef Puttur

Attachment: issue_e1bfa496.zip

JK Jayaprakash Kamaraj Syncfusion Team November 22, 2016 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Haneef, 

We were unable to reproduce the issue at our end. Please refer to the below video. 

Please share the following information to find the cause of the issue.    

1.     Did you get any custom patch for any other issue ? If, yes please provide the details. 
2.     browser details.  

Regards, 

Jayaprakash K. 

HP Haneef Puttur November 23, 2016 05:21 AM UTC

Dear Sir,

Seems you have attached wrong file. Instead of video you have attached the JS files. Even I tried with replacing the files of those attachement still the same issue persists.

To make it more clear here is my actual problem.

If there is a dropdown listbox in grid , the exported view and grid view looks different.
Grid View : Shows the Values of Listbox and Exported Data shows the key value of the listbox.

I am just using the test solution you have sent and not my codes. I face the same problem in my code as well in the solution you have sent.

If you want to have a look of the issue live i can give a session , you can PM me for access details of my pc.

Thanks for all your time and understanding.

Regards

Haneef Puttur

JK Jayaprakash Kamaraj Syncfusion Team November 23, 2016 09:33 AM UTC

Hi Haneef, 

A support incident has been created under your account to resolve the issue. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards, 

Jayaprakash K.

HP Haneef Puttur November 23, 2016 10:41 AM UTC

Thanks for your support and my issue is resolved.

Regards

Haneef Puttur

JK Jayaprakash Kamaraj Syncfusion Team November 24, 2016 05:15 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,  

We are happy that the problem has been solved. 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.   

Regards,  

Jayaprakash K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon