We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfDataGridRenderer is not recognized with the version Version : 14.4.0.15

this is no longer recognized with the todays update Version : 14.4.0.15
it gives me that SfDataGridRenderer is not recognized when I select a suggestion VS2015 offers me using Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.iOS;
in Windows phone 8.1 project. It is the same error for SfNumericUpDown and SfSchedule as well. what should we do here?

Windows Phone 8.1 (WinRT), Windows Phone 8

To launch the SfDataGrid in Windows Phone or WinRT, you need to call the SfDataGridRenderer.Init() in the MainPage constructor before the LoadApplication is called, as demonstrated in the following code example:

public MainPage()
{

SfDataGridRenderer.Init();
    LoadApplication (new App ());

}

3 Replies

EM Emil November 18, 2016 12:40 PM UTC

It looks like you have some bad publish. I am getting also an error message on Windows and windows phone 8.1 project. why do I get an IOS assembly reference on windows projects. see the screen shot as well. I did the update using nuget manager, not manually.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Loading assembly "C:\Gitugetpackages\Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfDataGrid.14.4.0.15\lib\Xamarin.iOS10\Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.iOS.dll" failed. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, IntPtr* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount, IntPtr* methodInstArgs, Int32 methodInstCount, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
   at System.ModuleHandle.ResolveTypeHandleInternal(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[] typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] methodInstantiationContext)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.ResolveType(Int32 metadataToken, Type[] genericTypeArguments, Type[] genericMethodArguments)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(CustomAttributeRecord caRecord, MetadataImport scope, Assembly& lastAptcaOkAssembly, RuntimeModule decoratedModule, MetadataToken decoratedToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, Object[] attributes, IList derivedAttributes, RuntimeType& attributeType, IRuntimeMethodInfo& ctor, Boolean& ctorHasParameters, Boolean& isVarArg)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, RuntimeType caType)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetCustomAttributes(Type attributeType, Boolean inherit)
   at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttributes(Assembly element, Type attributeType, Boolean inherit)
   at System.Attribute.GetCustomAttribute(Assembly element, Type attributeType, Boolean inherit)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttributeExtensions.GetCustomAttribute[T](Assembly element)
   at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.ReadAssemblyResources(String name, String outFileOrDir)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

EM Emil November 18, 2016 12:43 PM UTC

I think that my screen shot wasnt attached somehow. please see the url below

DS Divakar Subramaniam Syncfusion Team November 18, 2016 01:50 PM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We have decided to stop the support for new features in Windows Phone 8 Silverlight, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1. We are going to focus only on Android, iOS and UWP platforms alone in Xamarin.Forms from this release. However, we will still continue to provide support for our existing versions of Windows Phone and Windows for all your queries. We have already mentioned about this in our release notes too and you can refer it from the below link. 

Regarding your Nugets issue, we were unable to reproduce the reported issue on our side. The assemblies were properly installed from the Nugets for Xamarin.Forms.Android, Xamarin.Forms.iOS and Xamarin.Forms.UWP and no assemblies were installed for Windows projects on our side since we have removed Windows projects from our source. 

Please let us know if you need any other assistance from us. 

Regards, 
Divakar. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon