We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Excel Filter removing 'Blanks' with a large data set

I am using a UrlAdaptor and Virtual Scrolling to deal with extremely large and wide DataSets (4K-7K+ rows 30+ columns half dozen of which is templated)
The virtual Scrolling seems to work better than paging so long as you don't try to drag it half way down.

I am also using the Excel Filter.
I can get back the list to sort from and I can easily find a single item or a field that has limited values.
However, if I have a column that has unique values or blanks, if I try to remove the blanks it always shows "No records to display"
In a similar way, if you type something in the Search Box that is too common you get the same results.

Now I realize that this is likely because Excel Filter works with a different mechanism, but seems like the DataManager gets killed by too many values (it never even seems to make the call).
But was wondering if the limit of size on DataManager was configurable, or if certain searches could be simplified
  • If Blanks is used just send something to remove the Blanks
  • If the Search Box is used and Select All is left, then send it over as a "Contains" and the Value rather than the entire list
Thanks

1 Reply

MS Mani Sankar Durai Syncfusion Team November 18, 2016 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support, 
    Query 1: If Blanks is used just send something to remove the Blanks 
    We have analyzed your query and we are not able to reproduce the reported issue. Since it filters correctly and removed the blank value in grid. We have prepared a sample that can be downloaded from the below link. 
    Also we have attached video link for both the reported issue. 
    Query 2: If the Search Box is used and Select All is left, then send it over as a "Contains" and the Value rather than the entire list 
    Based on this query when searching the data in the search box it returns contains value. But along with that it shows the blank value also to filter. 
    So before proceeding please provide us the following details, 
    1.       Is that you are mentioning the blank value also comes along with it when searching in search box for the particular value? 
    2.       Share the grid code that you have used. 
    3.       Share the video/ screenshot of the issue and the scenario. 
    4.       If possible please reproduce the issue in the above attached sample. 
    5.       Share the JSON data that you have used. 
    The provided information will help us to analyze the issue and provide you the response as early as possible. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
    Manisankar Durai. 

Loader.
    Live Chat Icon For mobile
    Up arrow icon