We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multiple issues with gantt chart Add task windows and tabs.

1. I have list of predefined tasks. User can only select from the list in  Dialog window as Task name field. 
2. If I add .EditDialogFields .AddDialogFields sections to my gantt, then resource and notes tabs are not visible.
3. While creating a child task from custom context menu, Can I open openAddWindow with details of the task.

Regards,
Renu

4 Replies

RE Renu November 17, 2016 07:23 PM UTC

After posting I got  doubt that queries are not self explainable, so I am adding bit more information to the queries.

1. Gantt chart  task adding from toolbar or context menu, user can only add tasks from a list (dynamic as user types using ajax provide possible tasks or static from a drop-down control).
Currently it supports free text, I want to use it as a pre-defined values. 

2. Customization of Dialog window with additional tabs, adding new fields and editing/disable/remove the default fields. 
I experience by adding .EditDialogFields .AddDialogFields sections to customize fields, disappear other tabs (Resource and Notes).
What properties Do I need to set to rename tab names( Resource and Notes).
Notes contain only one Rich Text field, I would like to add additional fields, how can I do that.

3. I am using context menu to create tasks (child). Context menu creates tasks on fly with parent values.
I tried with "OpenAddWindow" to create new tasks using context menu item's "eventHandler". But it opens the dialog window but not initialized with parent information.
It created the task but not linked to its parent. How can solve this issue.
I tried to override the functionality for Above and Below options with "openaddwindow", it didn't worked and the task was created based on its location with default name with generated id and start and end dates from the task/item it generated from. 
I want to change this behavior to create a task :   Open a window and user can select the task name form a list and select dates and other information as needed. 

I hope this text might explain my requirements.

Regards,
Renu

MK Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan Syncfusion Team November 18, 2016 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Renu,  
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 
Please find the response below. 
Query 1: I have list of predefined tasks. User can only select from the list in Dialog window as Task name field. 
Solution: We can change the edit type of taskName column by using load client side event, please find the code snippet below. 
function load(args) { 
            var columns = this.getColumns(); 
            var nameColumn = columns[1]; 
            nameColumn.editType = "dropdownedit"; 
            nameColumn.editParams = { fields: { text: "text", value: "value" } }; 
            nameColumn.dropdownData = taskNameCollection; 
        } 
Using this code snippet, we can select the task name from dropdown list control. 
In this work around we have added static task collection in task name field. 

Query 2: If I add .EditDialogFields .AddDialogFields sections to my gantt, then resource and notes tabs are not visible. 
Solution: 
We can add/remove the fields in add/edit dialog window by using “AddDialogFields and “EditDialogFields” properties. 
To add resource and Notes tab in add/edit dialog window we need to define value for “ResourceInfoMapping” and “NotesMapping” properties. 
Please find the code snippet below. 
.ResourceInfoMapping("Resources") 
.NotesMapping("Notes") 
.EditDialogFields(ed => 
              { 
                 ed.Field("Resources").Add(); 
                  ed.Field("Notes").Add(); 
                  ed.Field("CustomField").Add(); 
              }) 
.AddDialogFields(ed => 
              { 
                  ed.Field("Notes").Add(); 
              }) 

Query 3: Rename tabs in add/edit dialog window 
Solution: By using below code snippet we can rename the tab name in add and edit dialog window in Gantt. 
ej.Gantt.Locale["en-US"] = { 
            dialogTabTitleTexts: { 
                generalTabText: "General", 
                predecessorsTabText: "Predecessors", 
                resourcesTabText: "Rename_Resources", 
                notesTabText: "Rename_Notes", 
               customFieldsTabText: "Custom Fields", 
            } 
        } 
In this sample we have renamed notes and resource tabs. 

Query 4: Notes contain only one Rich Text field, I would like to add additional fields, how can I do that. 
Solution: Currently there is no support to add additional fields in notes tab, but you can add custom fields in dialog by adding custom column in Gantt. 
We have added one custom column in “load” client side event and this field can be editable in custom fields tab of dialog window. 
Please find code snippet below. 
[JS] 
function load(args) { 
            var customColumn = { field: "CustomField", mappingName: "CustomField",  headerText:"Custom Field", editType:"stringedit" }; 
            columns.push(customColumn); 
        } 
[CS] 
.EditDialogFields(ed => 
              { 
              }) 
.AddDialogFields(ed => 
              { 
              }) 

Query 5: While creating a child task from custom context menu, Can I open openAddWindow with details of the task. 
Solution: At present there is no support to add a new row as child from the Gantt add dialog. We have also logged a feature regarding this. A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 
We have also prepared work around sample for this, please find the sample in below location 
Please let me know if you need further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Mahalakshmi K. 

RE Renu replied to Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan November 18, 2016 03:24 PM UTC

Hi Renu,  
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 
Please find the response below. 
Query 1: I have list of predefined tasks. User can only select from the list in Dialog window as Task name field. 
Solution: We can change the edit type of taskName column by using load client side event, please find the code snippet below. 
function load(args) { 
            var columns = this.getColumns(); 
            var nameColumn = columns[1]; 
            nameColumn.editType = "dropdownedit"; 
            nameColumn.editParams = { fields: { text: "text", value: "value" } }; 
            nameColumn.dropdownData = taskNameCollection; 
        } 
Using this code snippet, we can select the task name from dropdown list control. 
In this work around we have added static task collection in task name field. 

Query 2: If I add .EditDialogFields .AddDialogFields sections to my gantt, then resource and notes tabs are not visible. 
Solution: 
We can add/remove the fields in add/edit dialog window by using “AddDialogFields and “EditDialogFields” properties. 
To add resource and Notes tab in add/edit dialog window we need to define value for “ResourceInfoMapping” and “NotesMapping” properties. 
Please find the code snippet below. 
.ResourceInfoMapping("Resources") 
.NotesMapping("Notes") 
.EditDialogFields(ed => 
              { 
                  ed.Field("Notes").Add(); 
              }) 
.AddDialogFields(ed => 
              { 
                  ed.Field("Notes").Add(); 
              }) 

Query 3: Rename tabs in add/edit dialog window 
Solution: By using below code snippet we can rename the tab name in add and edit dialog window in Gantt. 
ej.Gantt.Locale["en-US"] = { 
            dialogTabTitleTexts: { 
                generalTabText: "General", 
                predecessorsTabText: "Predecessors", 
                resourcesTabText: "Rename_Resources", 
                notesTabText: "Rename_Notes", 
               customFieldsTabText: "Custom Fields", 
            } 
        } 
In this sample we have renamed notes and resource tabs. 

Query 4: Notes contain only one Rich Text field, I would like to add additional fields, how can I do that. 
Solution: Currently there is no support to add additional fields in notes tab, but you can add custom fields in dialog by adding custom column in Gantt. 
We have added one custom column in “load” client side event and this field can be editable in custom fields tab of dialog window. 
Please find code snippet below. 
[JS] 
function load(args) { 
            var customColumn = { field: "CustomField", mappingName: "CustomField",  headerText:"Custom Field", editType:"stringedit" }; 
            columns.push(customColumn); 
        } 
[CS] 
.EditDialogFields(ed => 
              { 
              }) 
.AddDialogFields(ed => 
              { 
              }) 

Query 5: While creating a child task from custom context menu, Can I open openAddWindow with details of the task. 
Solution: At present there is no support to add a new row as child from the Gantt add dialog. We have also logged a feature regarding this. A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 
We have also prepared work around sample for this, please find the sample in below location 
Please let me know if you need further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Mahalakshmi K. 

Hi Mahalakshmi,

Thanks for your early reply, solutions and workarounds.
This will us to solve some of our issues for now and waiting for the next update.

Regards,
Renu

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team November 21, 2016 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Renu,  
Thanks for your update.  
A support incident has been created under your account for better follow up regarding “Support to customize the add row position in Gantt add dialog”. So, please log on to our support website to check for further updates.   
Regards,  
Jone sherine P S  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon