We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Panning does not work when using shape files

I tried to load some shape files downloaded from OpenStreetMap, with LayoutTile = Tile. But when I zoomed in to level 3, and tried to pan around, the panning behaved erratically. I can't pan to the right. I had to zoom out again and zoom in again. Sometimes the map just jumped around when I pan (on deeper zoom level).

I've attached the test project.

Second issue: The ShowCoords property shows the LatLong on the upper right corner, but it doesn't really update.

Attachment: TestProject_862664dc.zip

3 Replies

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team November 15, 2016 07:28 AM UTC

Third issue: The SfMap.Pan(x, y) method also doesn't work correctly. I gave Latitude and Longitude numbers for x and y respectively, but it didn't pan to the correct position.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team November 15, 2016 09:01 AM UTC

Another issue I have: Why is zooming seems to be non-linear when I use ShapeFileLayer as source? On coarse zoom levels (1-5), i can zoom pretty quick, but on finer zoom levels (5+), it gets slower and slower to zoom to city/street level (I cannot really zoom in to street level).

This is not the case if I use OSM ImageryLayer. I see the world on zoom level 1. On zoom level 15 I'm already at street level.
When I use ShapeFileLayer (e.g. only the Isle of Man). I see the whole island on zoom level 1. On zoom level 80+ I'm still not that close to street level.

MV Mohana V Syncfusion Team November 15, 2016 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Erik,

We have created a separate incident for further follow up's about “Panning does not work when using shape files” under your Direct-trac login account.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,
Mohana V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon