We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Visibility of Floating Child Windows of a deselected Tab

Hello,

I have a question about the functionality of Syncfusion.
In our Project we have 3 UserControls docked to the MainWindow as tabs, lets call them Pages. (each Page has an own Dockingmanager)
Inside these UserControls are "Sub"-UserControls, which you can make floating.

I am aware that if you change a SubUserControl to be Floating, Syncfusion creates a FloatingForm to put the UserControl inside, so that it can be displayed outside the MainWindow.

If I change now the Tab to a different Page, the floating UserControl from the first Page is not shown anymore.
This makes sense, as this is the child of the DockingManager of the first Page and so it is not shown, when it is not demanded.

But it is not userfriendly in our case.
Our Users expect, that if they drag a SubUserControl out (for example a mathematical Plot or a Table) to a different Monitor, it won't vanish when they change the tabs of the MainWindow.

So I wanted to ask:
Is there an elegant way to enforce visibility on FloatingForms created by the DockingManager, even when the UserControl (Page) where the DockingManager resides is not the selected Tab?

Or can I somehow get the handle of the newly created FloatingForm and change its VisibilityState(?) to true?

Regards
Erik

5 Replies

DR Durga Rajan Syncfusion Team November 14, 2016 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Erik,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have used a TabControl inside the DockingManager for Tabbed and Document Windows. While we change the selection in TabControl, TabItem content will be Collapsed other than selected tab. So FloatWindows will be visible only when the Parent TabItem is Selected.
​​​
Regards,
Durga S. 

EB Erik Brunki November 15, 2016 07:00 AM UTC

Hello Durga,

thank you for your fast response.
So if I want to have the floating Windows stay open, I have to reconsider my design.
Okay, this was important to know so I don't follow the wrong track.

Regards
Erik

DR Durga Rajan Syncfusion Team November 16, 2016 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Erik,

We have prepared a sample that tries to meet your requirement. In this sample, UserControls are placed in TabControlExt, so NativeFloatWindow will be Collapsed while selection change. We can overcome this behavior by changing the Visibility of NativeFloatWindow. We have changed the IsOpen property of NativeFloatWindow as True while updating layout of TabControlExt. You can download the sample from following location,

Sample: Sample_DockingManager

Regards,
Durga S.

EB Erik Brunki November 22, 2016 11:52 AM UTC

Hello Durga,

thank you,  with a little modification to our code it worked!

Regards
Erik

DR Durga Rajan Syncfusion Team November 23, 2016 06:07 AM UTC

Hi Erik,

We are glad to know that your issue has been solved. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Durga S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon