We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Rendering the SfAutoComplete Control.

Hi,
I noticed something when integrating the SFAutoComplete control with my project.
I am using CustomRenderers for all the controls to give it a specific look and feel.
Attaching a screen shot of my layout. This has a CustomEntry and a CustomPicker.
Both have the renderer to use a RoundedCornerEntry as seen in the attachment.
The first control isa Custom Entry, the second control is the SFAutoComplete control. and the last is a Custom Picker
I would like to know how can we change the properties of the SFAutoComplete control so that it has the following properties.
1. The control should have round corners similar to the other controls.
2. The control should have a white background.
3. The text should be changed to "Select One" instead of "Enter Text"
Thanks,
Rajesh.

Attachment: Renderer_SfAutoComplete_ba8c30ef.rar

7 Replies

PK Pavendhan Kumar Syncfusion Team November 14, 2016 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

Query 1: AutoComplete should have rounded corners.

We have achieve rounded corners in AutoComplete as same as other editors using custom render.

Query 2: To set White background to AutoComplete.

We can set white background to AutoComplete by using BackgroundColor property of AutoComplete.

Query 3: Changing the place holder text.

We can change the placeholder by using Watermark property of AutoComplete.

We have created a sample as per your request please download the same from the following link.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/127378/ze/AutoComplete_127378-1483352634 

Please let us know whether sample has meets your requirement.

Regards,
Pavendhan K. 

RA Rajesh November 17, 2016 05:30 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the solution and it worked great.

Regards,

Rajesh.

PK Pavendhan Kumar Syncfusion Team November 21, 2016 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for your update. Please feel free to contact us for any other help needed.

Regards,
Pavendhan K.

DR Daniel Rück February 14, 2017 12:57 PM UTC

Hi,

I have a similar problem at the moment. The Custom Renderer looks like this:

protected override void OnElementChanged(ElementChangedEventArgs<SfAutoComplete> e)
        {
            base.OnElementChanged(e);

if (Control != null)
            {            
                Control.Layer.CornerRadius = 0f;
                Control.Layer.BorderColor = Color.FromHex("#BBBBBB").ToCGColor();
                Control.Layer.BorderWidth = (nfloat)0.5;
                Control.ClipsToBounds = true;
            }
        }

Now the result looks like this:
 Screenshot of SfAutoComplete in iOS

Does somebody know hot to make it look completely square? The corners still have some black stuff...

Thanks in advice!

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team February 15, 2017 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

Query: To make complete square Autocomplete

We were able to reproduce the reported issue “To make complete square Autocomplete". at our end. And we have logged a defect report regarding the same. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/  

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.  

DR Daniel Rück February 23, 2017 02:01 PM UTC

Hi Vanaja,

any news on the incident status? I can't find any matching incident in my account.

Regards,
Daniel

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team February 27, 2017 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Daniel,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The incident has been created under wrong user account. Now you can check the incident status. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Link:  https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/   

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon