We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

HideEmptyGridViewDefinitions hides nested rows that has data

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

127376 Nov 10,2016 04:13 PM Nov 12,2016 01:27 PM UWP 2
Tags: SfDataGrid
David Harvey
Asked On November 10, 2016 04:13 PM

I generate a Grid with HIdeEmptyGridViewDefinitions="False"

I can see all my rows, can click on the expander, and see nested data.

When I set HideEmptyGridViewDefinitions="True"

I can see all my rows, but can not click on the expander and can not see nested data (for ANY row!)

What exactly is being looked for to determine whether or not a GridView is indeed Empty or not?
(Obviously the one List() element I have in my object is populated otherwise it would not expand, as indicated above).

David Harvey
Replied On November 10, 2016 04:15 PM

Grid:SfDataGrid Name="DataGrid" Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" Grid.RowSpan="2" Margin="10,10,10,0" ColumnSizer="Auto"
                         AutoGenerateColumns="True" AutoGenerateRelations="True" Grid:DetailsViewManager.DisableLastColumnResizing="True" ItemsSource="{Binding Positions}"
                         Background="#FF131313" Foreground="#FF1F46AE"
                         AllowResizingColumns="True" AllowDraggingColumns="True" HideEmptyGridViewDefinition="False" HeaderStyle="{StaticResource headerStyle}"
                         CellStyleSelector="{StaticResource cellColorSelector}"
                         >
                <Grid:SfDataGrid.DataContext>

Gnanasownthari Thirugnanam [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 12, 2016 01:27 PM

Hi David, 

We have analyzed your query,  your reported issue has been working fine from our side. We have prepared the sample as per your scenario which is attached below and it is working fine in our side. The parent DataGrid row hides only the empty details view grids. Could you please look into the below sample and please modify as per your application. This would be more helpful for us to analyze further. 

Regards, 
Gnanasownthari T. 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;