We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Detecting start and end of series of GridQueryCellInfo calls.

Hi. I have a virtual grid that displays data which needs periodic updating. To refresh the data, I just invalidate the grid. What I''d like to do is display an hourglass cursor (or even better yet, a progress meter) during the time that the grid is requesting new cell info. Are there any events fired just prior to and just after the grid control makes a series of GridQueryCellInfo calls? Thanks, Andy

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 9, 2004 09:05 PM UTC

There are no events fired. You could try deriving the grid and overriding OnDrawClientRowCol. In your override, you could start your hour glass before calling the baseclass, and then turn it off after your call to the baseclass. To get a progress bar would take more work along the same lines. In your OnDrawClientRowCol override, you can get the limits that are being drawn. Then somewhere else, you would have to use these limits to update the progressbar values. (Maybe in OnCellDrawn for instance.)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2004 02:45 PM UTC

Clay, Thanks for the ideas. I''ll play around with them some and see what I come up with. I think I''d like to add to the wish-list that in some future version, you guys add events for the start and end of a series of GQCI calls. If possible. Thanks again, Andy >There are no events fired. > >You could try deriving the grid and overriding OnDrawClientRowCol. In your override, you could start your hour glass before calling the baseclass, and then turn it off after your call to the baseclass. > >To get a progress bar would take more work along the same lines. In your OnDrawClientRowCol override, you can get the limits that are being drawn. Then somewhere else, you would have to use these limits to update the progressbar values. (Maybe in OnCellDrawn for instance.)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon