We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfDomainUpDown to look like Updown ?

Hi All,

SfDomainUpDown looks currently VERY different from Updown ... making impossible to coexit on same GUI
It's a pitty as one if for numerical and the other for text, so they are very complementary

-->Is it possible to style SfDomainUpDown so that it looks the same ?

Also, Maybe linked : I can not set the height of SfDomainUpDown to 26 or so ... it looks its height can not be decreased to have the same height as other typical controls ... or ?

Thanks,
Fabrice
PS: or maybe you have a trick to load a list<string> in the UpDown control or equivalent .items ?

5 Replies

JR Jegan Raj M Syncfusion Team November 9, 2016 06:22 PM UTC

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Our SfDomainUpDown control is implemented to fit in touch environment, where UpDown control is our classic control. I would like include that our control which has "Sf" as suffix is implemented with new UI to support in touch environment and also to decrease the assembly size.

Can you please explain your requirement like where you are using it. We will provide you the template of our control which can be modified to the required UI.

Regards,
Jegan Raj M

FF fff November 9, 2016 09:41 PM UTC

Hi Jegan,

Yes, my envirronment is indeed not a "touch" one
I am targeting, Win 7 and up, with an GUI without any Microsoft style ; you call it "classical" :)

Need is as said, in same GUI pages:
  1. normal classic updown for user to select numerical value s... and this control works very good (min, max value, mouse scrolls, clicks ... super!!!)
  2. And I would need user to select in a similar way a list of string, like "A, B, C, D ...". My list is long so comboboxes are not the solution as it would be higher than the height of the page ... so a string UpDown is the good option
So both need a same looking, that is the must
As said in previous post: either by changing the looking of SfDomainUpDown, or with a trick on the content of the normal UpDown  ... ???

Any idea ?
Fabrice

PS: having smaller libraries with sf sufix is a great thing indeed ; continue in that direction when possible, but that is not the subject here

JR Jegan Raj M Syncfusion Team November 10, 2016 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for your update.

We have created a sample with our UpDown and SfDomainUpDown control and we have used our controls template to modify the style of the control. You can edit our control using this tempalte and make UI changes based on your requirement.

Please download the sample from below location

Sample: WPFUpDownSample

Regards,
Jegan Raj M

FF fff November 10, 2016 03:38 PM UTC

Wow Jegan !!!

That's an amazing styling piece of work ! and of binding too !
-->You should put it into your FAQ ! (and I should remember that as a WPF recruiting test :) ... which I wouldn't have passed )

my tiny bit: if left margins of the 2 button are changed to -18 (instead of 0.5)  the 2 buttons are inside the border ... and it looks perfectly like the updown control

Thanks A LOT again,
Fabrice

PS: btw, if someone needs that, there is an SF topic asking the exact opposite, the updown control to have the touch style:  https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/125596/touch-style-for-updown

VI Vinothini Syncfusion Team November 11, 2016 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Fabrice, 

Thank you for your update. 

We will consider your suggestion and let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Vinothini.R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon