We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

What is the Unit for TimeTillExpiration

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

127298 Nov 8,2016 12:51 PM UTC Nov 18,2016 05:36 AM UTC ASP.NET MVC 3
Tags: DataManager
Jason Gabel
Asked On November 8, 2016 12:51 PM UTC

I've tried to find this in Documentation and in support (forum & knowledge base) but I ma y just be searching badly.
Anyone know what the unit TImeTilExpiration is? I had assumed it was milliseconds, but wondering if its hundredths of seconds.
I see 30000 which would be 5 minutes if it is hundreds and 120000 which would be 20 min which makes more sense than 30 seconds and 2 minutes.

Thanks

Prince Oliver [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 9, 2016 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Jason,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.   

The unit for TimeTillExpiration is in milliseconds. Please let us know whether your using cache adaptor in data manager? If yes, please find the online document.   

Regards,   
Prince  

Jason Gabel
Replied On November 18, 2016 01:07 AM UTC

I am using it inline on a grid. I followed that link but there was nothing about the time unit.
.Datasource(ds => ds.URL(@Url.Action("DataSource"))
				.EnableCaching()
				.CachingPageSize(4)
				.TimeTillExpiration(30000)
				.Adaptor(AdaptorType.UrlAdaptor))

So if I want a 5 minute cache I would need to set it to 300000 because the examples of 30000 are just for 30 second caching.

Thank you for the clarification.

Prince Oliver [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 18, 2016 05:36 AM UTC

Hi Jason,  

Thanks for your update. We are glad to help you.   

Regards,  
Prince 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;