We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Ribbon Content changed dynamically

is it possible to completely replace the content of a group and/or a tab in the ribbon control dynamically?

we do this when the user navigates to different parts of the application

thanks

Mike

3 Replies

MS Michael Salzlechner November 7, 2016 04:40 PM UTC

just to add some more info

i am trying to use some of the available methods. The doc and examples do not seem to be correct on a number of these

i see the following methods

removeTabGroupContent(tabIndex, groupIndex, [subGroupIndex])
addTabGroupContent(tabIndex, groupIndex, subGroupIndex, content, [contentIndex])

the groupIndex parameter in removeTabGroupContent is really a string with the text of the group not an index i believe

so i thought i should be able to remove all content and add but that doesnt seem to work

ribbonObj.removeTabGroupContent(1,"One", 0);
ribbonObj.addTabGroupContent(1, 0, 0, content, 0);

if i only use addTabGroupContent it works. if i only use removeTabGroupContent it works but if i remove and add i get an empty group

RK Rajesh Kumar Anburajan Syncfusion Team November 8, 2016 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Michael,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.   

We have considered this RemoveTabGroupContent Was Not working Properly as an issue and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.   

Regards,   
Rajesh kumar.A

RK Rajesh Kumar Anburajan Syncfusion Team November 8, 2016 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Michael,      

Query #: The groupIndex parameter in removeTabGroupContent is really a string with the text of the group not an index I believe 

The parameter groupIndex is wrongly set in UG, we have updated UG with proper parameter as like below. 

Name 
Type 
Description 
tabIndex 
number 
ribbon tab index. 
groupText 
string 
ribbon group text. 
subGroupIndex 
number 
sub group index in the ribbon group,