We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can i calculate columns using Dashboard Designer?

Can i calculate columns using Dashboard Designer?

5 Replies

VM Vimala Mary Maria Susai Syncfusion Team November 7, 2016 07:14 AM UTC

Hi Kinnaree, 

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.  

Yes. Through Expression Designer in Dashboard Designer, you can create calculated columns and configure to widgets like other normal columns. Please refer to the below link to know more about this. 

Regards, 
Vimala  

FV frank van den bergh January 18, 2017 11:03 AM UTC

If I read the documentation correctly, you can create expressions only based at the same level.

Is it also possible to perform calculations based on the underlying records?

Please let me explain my situation. I've a table with transport orders, a transport order is stored as multiple records (load parcel x of 30 kg at location y, unload parcel x of 30 kg at location z). When I want to show the kg per week I want to group by the parcelID in that particular week, get the max kg per parcel, and finally sum its values.

VM Vimala Mary Maria Susai Syncfusion Team January 19, 2017 11:40 AM UTC

Hi Kinnaree, 

Please try this workaround (assumed data are used here) to show the “kg per week using group by the parcelID in that particular week, get the max kg per parcel, and finally sum its values”. Please follow the below steps to create the expression.  
1.      Create the expression for max weight and total count of parcel. Enter the expression that you like to define in the Expression text area  
Example for max weight: MAX([Weight]) 
Example for and total count of parcel: COUNT([ParcelID]) 
2.      Drag and drop a pivot grid from the toolbox. 
3.      Drag and drop delivered date field into Row(s) and click the setting button to change the “Week of Year” option to provide total weeks in the year. 

4.      Also drag and drop the needed columns to the Row(s) and Column(s) 
5.      Values will be shown in pivot grid widget like this below mentioned screenshots. 

Please try this and let us know if this works. If the provided workaround is not works then share us the sample data, so that it would help us to investigate further at our end.  

Regards, 
Vimala  

DD Dustin Dibble January 30, 2017 09:26 PM UTC

Hi,

New to syncfusion. I have a question that relates to the above

I have a category and within that category are multiple subcategories.

I want to create an expression subtracting one subcategory from the other. How do I do that? Only "category" comes up in the expression pane. I cannot seem to dig down to do an expression on any of the subcategories within.

Thanks,
Dustin

VM Vimala Mary Maria Susai Syncfusion Team January 31, 2017 11:29 AM UTC

Hi Dustin, 

Please try the below workaround to show the “create an expression subtracting one subcategory from the other category” and follow the below steps to create the expression.  
1.      Create an expression for subcategory. Enter the expression that you like to define in the Expression text area 
Syntax: IF(expression, true_part, false_part) 
Example: IF([Category]='Cricket',[Category],' ') 

2.      Drag and drop a grid from the toolbox. 
3.      Also drag and drop the needed fields to the Column(s) 
4.      Values will be shown in grid widget like this below mentioned screenshots. 

Please try this and let us know if this works. If the provided workaround doesn’t work then share us the sample data, so that it would help us to investigate further at our end.  

Please let us know if you require further assistance.       

Regards, 
Vimala 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon