We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Export to pdf with group

I have a grid with grouping like this:
                    <ej:Grid ID="ReportMovimentiGrid" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AllowGrouping="true" IsResponsive="true" EnableResponsiveRow="true" OnServerPdfExporting="ReportMovimentiGrid_ServerPdfExporting" OnServerExcelExporting="ReportMovimentiGrid_ServerExcelExporting" Locale="it-IT">
                        <ToolbarSettings ShowToolbar="true" ToolbarItems="excelExport,pdfExport"></ToolbarSettings>
                        <GroupSettings EnableDropAreaAutoSizing="False" GroupedColumns="Ospite" ShowUngroupButton="false" ShowDropArea="false" ShowGroupedColumn="false"></GroupSettings>
                        <Columns>
                            <ej:Column Field="Ospite" HeaderText="Ospite" TextAlign="Left" Width="60" ForeignKeyField="value" ForeignKeyValue="text"  Tooltip= "#colTip"/>
                            <ej:Column Field="Progressivo" HeaderText="N° progressivo Registrazione" TextAlign="Left" Width="45" EditType="String" AllowEditing="false" />
                            <ej:Column Field="DataRegistrazione" HeaderText="Data Registrazione" Width="50" TextAlign="Left" Format="{0:dd/MM/yyyy}"
                                Type="string" Priority="2" AllowEditing="false">
                            </ej:Column>
                            <ej:Column Field="DataOperazione" HeaderText="Data Operazione" Width="50" TextAlign="Left" Format="{0:dd/MM/yyyy}"
                                Type="string" Priority="2" AllowEditing="true" EditType="Datepicker">
                            </ej:Column>
                            <ej:Column Field="TipoMovimentoId" HeaderText="Tipo Movimento" TextAlign="Left" Width="50" ForeignKeyField="value" ForeignKeyValue="text"  Tooltip= "#colTip"/>
                            <ej:Column Field="CausaleId" HeaderText="Causale Movimento" TextAlign="Left" Width="45" ForeignKeyField="value" ForeignKeyValue="text"  Tooltip= "#colTip"/>
                            <ej:Column Field="Descrizione" HeaderText="Descrizione Operazione" TextAlign="Left" Width="50" EditType="String"  Tooltip= "#colTip"/>
                            <ej:Column Field="Annotazioni" HeaderText="Annotazioni" TextAlign="Left" Width="50" EditType="String"  Tooltip= "#colTip"/>
                            <ej:Column Field="Importo" HeaderText="Importo" TextAlign="Right" Width="40" EditType="Numeric" Format="{0:C}"  />
                        </Columns>
                        <%--  <EditSettings AllowEditing="True" AllowAdding="True" AllowDeleting="True" EditMode="Batch"></EditSettings>
                            <ToolbarSettings ShowToolbar="True" ToolbarItems="add,edit,delete,update,cancel"></ToolbarSettings>--%>
                    </ej:Grid>
I have made a javascript file for the localization and it works fine: I have the text of the group localized. There is a problem with the localization when I export the grid in pdf or excel format: the group label is "Ospite: BARONE FILIPPO - 2 elementos" instead of "Ospite: BARONE FILIPPO - 2 elementi". I have checked the  ReportMovimentiGrid.Model.Locale property and is "it-IT{\"EmptyRecord\":\"Nessun risultato trovato\",\"GroupCaptionFormat\":\"{{:headerText}}: {{:key}} - {{:count}}\",\"GroupText\":\" elemento\"}" it seems that if there is more than one lement the export object add a "s", if I change ReportMovimentiGrid.Model.Locale property with "it-IT{\"EmptyRecord\":\"Nessun risultato trovato\",\"GroupCaptionFormat\":\"{{:headerText}}: {{:key}} - {{:count}}\",\"GroupText\":\" xxx\"}" in the exported pdf the group label is "Ospite: BARONE FILIPPO - 2 xxxs".
Can you help me?
Thank you.
Stefania Solari

3 Replies

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team November 5, 2016 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Stefania, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 
We were unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end and could you please provide following details? 
1)      Essential Studio version details. 
2)      Issue replication procedure. 
3)      Provide Grid code example  
4)      A sample if possible or provide the hosted link of sample 

Regards, 
Venkatesh Ayothiraman. 

SS Stefania Solari replied to Venkatesh Ayothi Raman November 10, 2016 08:58 AM UTC

Hi Stefania, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 
We were unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end and could you please provide following details? 
1)      Essential Studio version details. 
2)      Issue replication procedure. 
3)      Provide Grid code example  
4)      A sample if possible or provide the hosted link of sample 

Regards, 
Venkatesh Ayothiraman. 

Hi,
the esential studio version is 13.4450.0.58.
I attach the files of the page in order to replicate the issue. I attach also tha generated pdf.
Thank you fro your help.
Stefania Solari

Attachment: Report_cb339d68.zip

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team November 16, 2016 05:04 PM UTC

Hi Stefania,  

We considered this requirement “Group caption text is wrongly updated when applying locale to Grid” as feature and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards,  
Venkatesh Ayothiraman. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon