We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How Do I Enable CORS in the Dashboards.svc?

Below is the web.config for the Service. I have tried setting crossDomainScriptAccessEnabled="true" but I still cannot access the service from a ASP.NET MVC application on a different machine.

I have attached the Web.config and the Error.log generated by the WCF service.

Attachment: ConfitAndErrorLog_bc4c397b.zip

3 Replies

GA Gangatharan Anandavel Syncfusion Team November 2, 2016 08:30 AM UTC

Hi Boyan,   
Thank you for using Syncfusion products.   
We think that you used dashboard server service which has specific configuration for the dashboard server. So, please use dashboard SDK service and refer to the link below to run the dashboard SDK service.    
 Regards,    
Gangatharan   

BK Boyan Kostadinov November 2, 2016 12:32 PM UTC

Thank you for getting back to me. I have read the installation and deployment guide.

I think I now understand what I have to do, but just so I am clear, if I want to embed a dashboard inside a ASP.NET MVC application, I need to install the WCF service (DashboardService.svc" on the same machine that my ASP.NET application is?

I was trying to have my ASP.NET application call the service installed on the Dashhoard server, not the one installed by the SDK.

Boyan

GA Gangatharan Anandavel Syncfusion Team November 3, 2016 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Boyan,   

No, it is not mandatory to have the Service hosted in the same machine where the ASP.net application is hosted. The SYDX file alone needs to be present in a location that is accessible by the Service to make the Dashboard render in your application.   

Regards,   
Gangatharan   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon