We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Manual Cluster Creation On Windows server 2012

iam using three vms each one is windows server 2012
while installation of cluster i got the message (appeared in the following picture)
he log file is attached can you verify it please
thanks for help
only 1.5 Gb still available on name node does that affect installation process or we should receive a message notifying us about size if it was the problem ?
any other problem ?

Attachment: ClusterManager30.10.2016_683ee947.rar

14 Replies

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team October 31, 2016 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Oula, 

Seems it was happened while updating cluster nodes details (cluster manager application related not Hadoop). Have you tried the reinstall option as shown in below option? 

But as I recommended in another threads it is mandatory to have hardware specification as follows. If you didn’t meet the below specification, Hadoop cluster services may not work properly even after successful cluster creation. RAM related warnings will not be shown while creating cluster. 

RAM 
Local Disk 
Number of machines or VMs needed 
Studio 
8 GB or higher 
100 GB or higher 
Local cluster 
8 GB or higher 
100 GB or higher 
Multi node cluster 
Name node - 8 GB or higher
Data Node - 4 GB or higher

100 GB or higher 
3 or higher 

Regards, 
Baskaran V 

OA Oula Alshiekh October 31, 2016 11:42 AM UTC

iam sorry it was my fault to say that it is still 1.5 Gb and didn't determine where this capacity in
  i didnt mean in Ram Capacity At All becuase you notified my before about this 
https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/127125/what-about-cluster-creation-failer

but  you mentioned that you should have 100 GB Hard Disk but in troubleshooting page
https://help.syncfusion.com/bigdata/cluster-manager/troubleshooting that at least 2 Gb is needed and  and 50 GB is recommended for hard disk
and  what i have was  20 Gb for each node so i tried installation process but in never succeeded  iwill try now with 80 Gb for name node and 20  Gb for others two nodes

thanks very much for the reply

OA Oula Alshiekh October 31, 2016 03:20 PM UTC

i want to refer this state if you install cluster manager and then create a cluster with un completed installation process and let it called A
then for some reason un install cluster manager and re install it again
when you launch manager cluster A is not included so you will not be able to remove it and hadoop files will resist on all nodes
what about this state

OA Oula Alshiekh October 31, 2016 03:34 PM UTC

Another Question
i want to verify this state please before installation
as we know SyncFusion manager  Installs its files  when creating a new normal cluster  in  same path  of agent installation path  in all nodes
you mentioned that hard disk capacity should be 100 GB for three nodes in normal cluster
is there any problem if capacity in name node (80 GB)is available in disk E where syncfusion agent installation path is
and in other two nodes it is available in C Disk  where SyncFusion Installation path is

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team November 1, 2016 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Oula, 

Please find the response as follows, 

Query 

Response 

i want to refer this state if you install cluster manager and then create a cluster with un completed installation process and let it called A then for some reason un install cluster manager and re install it again when you launch manager cluster A is not included so you will not be able to remove it and hadoop files will resist on all nodes what about this state  

Actual implementation of cluster formation is so that to automatically overwrite all existing Hadoop files when recreating same version of cluster on dead nodes (nodes with no Hadoop services currently running). 

Alternatively, you can manually delete root Hadoop directory located in below location of each cluster nodes. 

For name nodes: C:\Syncfusion\HadoopNode\<version>\ 

For data nodes: <all drives>:\Syncfusion\HadoopNode\<version>\ 

Once deleted the above mentioned Hadoop files, you can use the same nodes for new cluster creation. 

Note: 

If you face "ports are not available" issue when trying to create cluster with same nodes. Please refer the following solution, 

https://help.syncfusion.com/bigdata/cluster-manager/troubleshooting#ports-are-not-available 

i want to verify this state please before installation  

as we know SyncFusion manager  Installs its files  when creating a new normal cluster  in  same path  of agent installation path  in all nodes  

you mentioned that hard disk capacity should be 100 GB for three nodes in normal cluster  

is there any problem if capacity in name node (80 GB)is available in disk E where syncfusion agent installation path is  

and in other two nodes it is available in C Disk  where SyncFusion Installation path is 

Here I have explained the behavior so that you can understand the cluster creation and disk space usage.

In previous update I recommended you to keep 100 GB for local disk by considering both for Hadoop files and HDFS. As you know Syncfusion cluster manager will transfer Hadoop files to all cluster nodes, by default these Hadoop files may occupy up to 4 GB based on ecosystem on C drive.

e.g.  

Name nodes will have Spark, Oozie and HBase by default when cluster creation itself whereas data nodes do not contain. 

These Hadoop files' default installation location is Windows drive (In most cases, it is C drive) so it is mandatory to reserve up to 4 GB in C drive on each cluster nodes for Hadoop files alone. These files will present in the following location on cluster nodes, 

C:\Syncfusion\HadoopNode\<version>\ 

After cluster creation we need enough free local disk space for HDFS to store data and run MapReduce jobs. For HDFS, Syncfusion Cluster will configure all available drive space.  

e.g. If you have C and D drive in a cluster node, HDFS will make use of available free space in them. These files will present in 

C:\Syncfusion\HadoopNode\<version>\Metadata\data 

D:\Syncfusion\HadoopNode\<version>\Metadata\data 

Note: 

Name nodes will not be configured for HDFS, only data nodes will be configured and needs enough local disk space for HDFS. 

Regards, 

Baskaran V 

OA Oula Alshiekh November 6, 2016 10:26 AM UTC

thanks alot for clarifying SyncFusion Files Distributions on Drivers
but i have this issue now
as we know we can connect to a remote cluster through adding it's ip address or host name in big data studio->add clustor button
i added a cluster by  it's ip
and every thing was ok but once i opened big data studio
and tried to connect to the remote cluster  by clicking connect button ,it  has no response ,it is clicked but as it is not and also remove button only shows me Delete Confirmation Message but it never deletes the remote cluster from the list of added clusters
should i have to reinstall big data studio and if so ,is there any  tool that help me to export sqoop written jobs and hive tables  in local cluster

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team November 7, 2016 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Oula, 
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 
We are not able to reproduce the reported issue. Could you please share the log files from the following location? That would be very helpful for us to isolate the cause of the issue and provide solution earlier.  
<Installed Drive>:\Syncfusion\BigData\3.1.0.3\BigDataSDK\Logs   
Could you also please share the Big Data Studio and Cluster manager version details? 
Alternatively try the below steps to back up the Sqoop job details and Hive tables on reinstallation If you want to reinstall the Big Data Studio before we investigate the logs that you are going to provide. 
Export Sqoop Written Jobs  
We request you to back up the SqoopDataDetail.xml and SqoopConnectionDetail.xml files from following directory.  
<Installed Drive>: \Syncfusion\BigData\3.1.0.3\BigDataSDK\Utilities\BigDataManagementStudio\4.0\bin 
Once you did the reinstallation, paste the files SqoopDataDetail.xml and SqoopConnectionDetail.xml in the same location mentioned above. 
Export and restore Hive Tables  

To do before Uninstallation 

STEP 1: Before uninstallation, please stop the services using Service Manager.  

STEP 2: Back up the data folder from below location to back up the table data. 

"<Installed Drive>: \Syncfusion\BigData\3.1.0.3\BigDataSDK\Metadata" 

STEP 3: Back up the metastore file from below location to back up the table schema 

"<Installed Drive>:\Syncfusion\BigData\3.1.0.3\BigDataSDK\SDK\Derby\bin" 

To do after reinstallation 

STEP 1: Start the service manager to start the services 

STEP 2: Stop the services. 

STEP 3: Replace the data Folder in below location, before that backup the data folder from new installation also. 

"<Installed Drive>: \Syncfusion\BigData\3.1.0.3\BigDataSDK\Metadata" 

STEP 4: Replace the metastore folder in below location, before that, backup the metastore folder from new installation also. 

"<Installed Drive>: \Syncfusion\BigData\3.1.0.3\BigDataSDK\SDK\Derby\bin" 

STEP 5: Start the services 

Note: we will format the Hadoop node while starting services on first time from service manager, so we suggest you to start and stop the services before replacement of data folder. 

Please let us know if you have any queries. 
Thanks, 
Rajasekar 

OA Oula Alshiekh November 9, 2016 07:49 AM UTC

First of all Thanks very much for your  cooperation
in the attachment you will find the logs
the version of big data cluster and big data studio is 3.1.0.3
instead of re installing big data studio i installed it on another machine that belongs to the same network of the cluster and every thing was ok
but if i encountered the same problem i will think then of reinstalling big data studio
thanks for re installation  steps explanation

Attachment: ForsyncFusion_923abf27.rar

OA Oula Alshiekh November 9, 2016 02:41 PM UTC

Please i have this argent issue
i have a cluster of three nodes
DataNode Crashed but after restarting it i was not able to restart all services again and the nodes appeared as dead
i got the alert

Logs files in the node namenode of cluster OULA has exceeded

and i have only 1.73 Gb available in c disk in NameNode is that the reasone

in the attachment i attached the logs

and the log shows me an internal server error

Attachment: ClusterManager09.11.2016_99c7d632.rar

OA Oula Alshiekh November 9, 2016 02:44 PM UTC

i wanted to notify that i mean by datanode crashed that i only restarted the vm so  nothing happened to it
but as a result it will be dead in the cluster
and  after restarting the datanode vm  i tried to start all services again but i wasn't able to

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team November 10, 2016 10:46 AM UTC

Hi Oula,

Please find the response as follows.

Query

Response

Regarding log file size exceeded

As you have low disk space in c drive, you got this message. By default, the logs may occupy up to 5 GB for a node. As of now, we request you to manually delete Hadoop logs from following location. (please delete logs in all nodes before restarting Hadoop services)

C:\Syncfusion\HadoopNode\3.1.0.3\SDK\Hadoop\logs\

Regarding restarting data node VM

In current behavior first 3 nodes (journal nodes) should be started together to maintain name nodes’ higher availability so that restarting the data node alone (3rd node in your cluster) will cause dead state in it. But if you have additional data nodes apart from first three nodes, they are automatically restarted and added to cluster. This is already logged internally and planned for next release to handle first 3 nodes auto restart behavior as well.

With your current cluster setup (3 node cluster), we request you to delete log files as mentioned above and ensure all nodes(VMs) and agent services are running and then start all services from cluster manager management UI as shown in below screenshot.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Rajasekar 

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team November 10, 2016 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Olua, 

In  our previous update screen shot not attached properly, Please find the screen shot below, 

Thanks, 
Rajasekar  

OA Oula Alshiekh November 10, 2016 02:58 PM UTC

i don't know if i understood well
i understood that no one of the first three nodes can be crashed
suppose that the name node is crashed(name node hosted vm is shutdown) can't the cluster continue working with secondary name node
or  if first data node  crashed cant we move to another data node if it exists
i want to make sure before trying this state
i tried to stop the second datanode in the cluster that consists of four nodes and every thing was ok

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team November 11, 2016 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Oula, 

We have created an incident for the reported issue. We will assist you through incident under your Direct Trac account.   

Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link:                                 

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Regards, 
Baskaran V 

SIGN IN To post a reply.
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon