We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

SfCalendar load generates exception on Xamarin UWP

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

127139 Oct 27,2016 09:56 PM Feb 26,2018 07:40 AM Xamarin.Forms 10
Tags: SfCalendar
Rudy Marki
Asked On October 27, 2016 09:56 PM

Hi,

I try to implement the SfCalendar in a Xamarin.Forms App with Android, iOS, and UWP. I followed the instructions from the online documentation - getting started section. On Android and iOS it works perfectly, on UWP I get the following exception when the XAML page loads:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Controls.Input.SfCalendar.SfCalendar_HeaderLoadedEvent(DataTemplate dataTemplate)
   at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Controls.Input.SfCalendar.CalendarLoaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

SfCalendar Version 14.3.0.49
Xamarin Forms 2.3.2.127

XAML:

<xForms:SfCalendar x:Name="SfCalendar" ViewMode="MonthView" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand"/>

Code on page initialization:

SfCalendar.MaxDate = DateTime.Now.AddDays(100);
SfCalendar.MinDate = DateTime.Now;

Referenced DLL's in UWP project (14.3.0.49):

Syncfusion.SfInput.UWP.dll
Syncfusion.SfShared.UWP.dll
Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.dll
Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms.UWP.dl

Is there anything I missed to initialize for UWP?

Another issue I found is, that the Xamarin SfCalendar NuGet Package only contains the dll's for Android and iOS, not for UWP.

Thanks for your help
Rudy

Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 28, 2016 03:46 AM

Hi Rudy,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have checked your reported issue in our side based on your provided details but we were unable to reproduce your reported issue in our side. Please find the sample in which we check your reported issue in our side in below

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/127139/ze/App41966774635 

So could you please provide issue reproducing sample with complete stack trace details that will help us to provide appropriate solution on this.

Regards,
Rajkumar G 

Rudy Marki
Replied On October 29, 2016 07:32 PM

Hi Rajkumar,

I have downloaded your sample and run it. First it trapped in App.g.i.cs with the same exception as described in the initial post:

After a cleanup and rebuild the App runs and the calendar is displayed, but I still get exceptions in the event log when I run it:

Also if I do not initialize the date range of the SfCalendar then it generates the following exceptions and gets trapped in App.g.i.cs as shown above:

I don't know why there are System.IO.FileNotFoundException's, I get them also on newly created Xamarin UWP projects.

Regards
Rudy

Replied On November 1, 2016 08:47 AM

Hi Rudy,

Thanks for your update.

Query 1: "Resource Map not found exception"

Currently we are analyzing the reported issue "Resource Map not found exception" in our side. We will update more details on November 3,2016.

Query 2: "Invalid operation exception"

We have checked your reported issue in our side. But we were unable to reproduce your reported issue. So could you please provide issue reproducing sample , that will help us to provide appropriate solution on this.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

Replied On November 3, 2016 09:36 AM

Hi Rudy,

Query : "Resource Map not found exception"

This is an internal exception, which is raised for Localization purpose. In SfCalendar, Localization input is maintained as resource map file and this exception will be raised as it is not found and it will not cause any impacts/crash to application. So you can ignore the exception .

Regards,
Rajkumar G

Rudy Marki
Replied On November 6, 2016 07:29 PM

Hi Rajkumar.

Query 2: "Invalid operation exception"

In the sample you have provided I commented out these two lines in Page1.xaml.cs:

//calendar.MaxDate = DateTime.Now.AddDays(100);
            //calendar.MinDate = DateTime.Now;

Then rebuild and run it. The App stops with an unhandled exception:

I have uploaded the solution.

Best Regards
Rudy

Attachment: App4_6f134c87.zip

Replied On November 7, 2016 05:14 AM

Hi Rudy,

Thanks for your update.

We have analyzed the reported issue by using the provided sample in our side but  we were unable to reproduce the reported issue. We have attached sample with assemblies in which we check our end in below

So could you please check the reported issue by using the assemblies attached in sample and let us know about the issue still persists or not.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

Rudy Marki
Replied On November 10, 2016 01:22 AM

Hi Rajkumar,

I have downloaded your solution and used the assemblies from the provided DLL folder. I still have the same behavior.

I thought maybe its my development environment and uninstalled all Windows 10 SDK's and re-installed them. Still the same behavior.

Here the installed Versions:

Best Regards
Rudy

Replied On November 11, 2016 07:10 AM

Hi Rudy,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have created a new support incident under your account to track the status of your latest query. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know, if you have any query.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

Casey
Replied On February 23, 2018 11:53 PM

I have the same exact problem, Version 16.1.0.24.  I have a sample solution, using a mvvm pattern.  When a calendar date is clicked, it is handled by the Handle_SelectionChanged(), which then attempts to set a property in the view model. It is the setting of the property that causes the problem.

I'm unable to upload the 13 MB solution zip file, can you contact me to get it?

Sridevi Sivakumar [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 26, 2018 07:40 AM

Hi Casey, 
Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query: SfCalendar generates exception on Xamarin UWP 
 We were able to reproduce the reported issue from our side. We have logged a defect report regarding the same. And the fix for the same has been updated in the incident that has been created in your Account.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/  
Regards,
Sridevi S. 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;