We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

table[y, x].Paragraphs[0].Text

setting "table[y, x].Paragraphs[0].Text" to bold ?!

3 Replies

SY Sethumanikkam Yogendran Syncfusion Team October 26, 2016 06:36 AM UTC

Hi Customer,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

On further analyzing with given code snippet, we suspect you’re trying to set Bold formatting for complete text in particular paragraph. It is not possible to set Bold formatting directly for all text in paragraph. We achieved your requirement by iterate each text range and set Bold formatting to particular paragraph.

Please refer the following code snippets which illustrates the same.
for (int i = 0; i < (table[y, x].Paragraphs[0] as WParagraph).ChildEntities.Count; i++)
{
Entity entity = paragraph.ChildEntities[i];
//A paragraph can have child elements such as text, image, hyperlink, symbols, etc.,
if( entity.EntityType == EntityType.TextRange)
//Set Bold to text.
(entity as WTextRange).CharacterFormat.Bold = true;
}

Please refer the following links to know more about how to work with table and text.
https://help.syncfusion.com/file-formats/docio/working-with-tables
https://help.syncfusion.com/file-formats/docio/working-with-paragraph#working-with-text

Please refer IterateParagraph from the following link to know more about how to iterate through document elements.
https://help.syncfusion.com/file-formats/docio/working-with-word-document#iterating-through-document-elements

If we misunderstood your requirement, kindly update us requirement with clear description. Thereby we will analyze further on the mentioned requirement and update you with appropriate solution.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Sethumanikkam.Y

TE Testname October 26, 2016 09:17 AM UTC

AT "paragraph.ChildEntities[i]" I get a 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'. What to do ?

SY Sethumanikkam Yogendran Syncfusion Team October 26, 2016 09:45 AM UTC

Hi Customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You should iterate the particular paragraph in which you want to set Bold formatting to the Text.

Please refer the following code snippets in which we have get the paragraph and iterated each text from entity collection and applied Bold formatting to that.
WParagraph paragraph = table[y, x].Paragraphs[0] as WParagraph;
for (int i = 0; i < paragraph.ChildEntities.Count; i++)
{

Entity entity = paragraph.ChildEntities[i];

//A paragraph can have child elements such as text, image, hyperlink, symbols, etc.,
    if (entity.EntityType == EntityType.TextRange)

//Set Bold to text.
        (entity as WTextRange).CharacterFormat.Bold = true;
}

Note: We have used given code snippet to get paragraph which is highlighted above.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Sethumanikkam.Y

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon