We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cluster Creation OverWrite

if the process of Cluster Creation Wasn't Successful due to
insufficient Ram memory of one of the nodes or all nodes (i hope verification of ram requirement will be tested before cluster creation if possible and an error message appeared to stop process Completion)
because when there is insufficient memory the hadoop services started to be insatlled but during installtion
and if we are working on vmware  a vm will show the message cant run into your pc there is  a memory error

so not all hadoop files will be installed on each node and the node will appear as dead
if we extends Ram property for  this node i think a new cluster creation should be applied
so what is the best way to remove hadoop files from the nodes and including these nodes in a new cluster creation
i mean if i decide to format hadoop files from nodes and create them a gain what is the solution

1 Reply

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team October 25, 2016 10:46 AM UTC

Hi Oula, 

Please find the response as follows. 

Query 

Response 

Regarding overwrite cluster 

Actual implementation of cluster formation is so that to automatically overwrite all existing Hadoop files when recreating same version of cluster on dead nodes(nodes with no Hadoop services currently running). 

Alternatively you can manually delete root Hadoop directory located in below location of each cluster nodes. 

For name nodes: C:\Syncfusion\HadoopNode\<version> 

For data nodes: <all drives>:\Syncfusion\HadoopNode\<version> 

Then proceed with new cluster creation using the same nodes with increased RAM.  

For name nodes: 8 GB or higher  

For data nodes: 4 GB or higher  

Regarding RAM check before cluster creation 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will include this required RAM check in nodes validation before cluster creation. 

https://help.syncfusion.com/bigdata/cluster-manager/cluster-creation 

Regards, 

Baskaran V 

SIGN IN To post a reply.
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon