We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bad performance of the SfChart

Hello,
I am using the SfChart to display oscilloscope like waveform as descibed

5 Replies

JK Janosch Kunczik October 23, 2016 09:35 AM UTC

Hello,

I am using the SfChart to display oscilloscope-like waveforms as descibed here. Unfortunatley using the SfChart like this yields terrible performance. On a i7-6700 processor, displaying three different charts consumes 26% of the overall CPU capacity. It doesn't make any difference whether I am setting the complete ItemsSource on every update or just update single data points by using the INotifyPropertyChanged event. The Visual Studio diagnosis tool indicates that the garbage collection runs multiple times per second.

Is there a way to improve the performance of the SfCharts (e.g. by recycling objects of the SfChart instead of creating them on every update)? This improvement would hava a big impact on the quality and overall performance of our software. I included a MWE so that you can analyze the issue in detail.

Thanks,

Janosch Kunczik

Attachment: SfChartIssueDemo_4987bc88.zip

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team October 24, 2016 01:51 PM UTC

Hi Janosch, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

While dynamically update the data points, the rendered series UIElement’s points are re generated for every updates (31 milliseconds). Since we have drawn single “Path” element for AreaSeries.  So the CPU usage is increased while rendering the AreaSeries in UI. 

When you update(insert) the same data point to the items source, Area Series(Path) will not be updated in UI (second round of update in your sample). But in this case, CPU usage increased in SfChart.  We have considered this as defect and logged defect report for this. The fix for the issue will be included in our Volume 4,2016 main release which is estimated to be available on end of November 2016. 

Regards, 
Devi 

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team October 25, 2016 09:01 AM UTC

Hi Janosch, 

As we stated in our previous update, we have considered the CPU usage increased in SfChart, while updating(inserting) the same data value in the items source as defect and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Regards, 
Devi 

JK Janosch Kunczik November 19, 2016 05:46 PM UTC

Hello Devi,

I had the chance to test your fix. With version 14.4.0.15 the CPU load averages between 0%-0.1%, while the load before was 26%. You did a great job there.

Thanks,

Janosch

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team November 21, 2016 04:36 AM UTC

Hi Janosch, 

Thanks for your update. 

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Devi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon