We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Template not working in Grid Column

Am using Angular2 integration.
I am trying to insert a template into the grid column. My template has a link. I want to open that link when I click on the cell value.

<e-column field="OrderID" headerText="Order ID" width="75" textAlign="right" template="<a>asd</a>"></e-column>

When I try to give an <a> tag in the template there's an error parsing the template as follows:

zone.js:388 Unhandled Promise rejection: Template parse errors:
Parser Error: Unexpected token < at column 1 in [<a>asd</a>] in GridComponent@4:85 ("  <e-columns>
        <e-column field="OrderID" headerText="Order ID" width="75" textAlign="right" [ERROR ->][template]="<a>asd</a>"></e-column>
        <e-column field="CustomerID" headerText="Customer ID" wi"): GridComponent@4:85
Parser Error: Unexpected token < at column 1 in [<a>asd</a>] in GridComponent@4:85 ("
</ej-grid>

<a id="test" [ERROR ->]*ngFor="let router of list" [routerLink]="router.path" routerLinkActive="router-link-active">Edit</a>"): GridComponent@13:13
Parser Error: Unexpected token < at column 1 in [<a>asd</a>] in GridComponent@4:85 ("
</ej-grid>

<a id="test" *ngFor="let router of list" [ERROR ->][routerLink]="router.path" routerLinkActive="router-link-active">Edit</a>
"): GridComponent@13:41
</ej-grid>

[ERROR ->]<a id="test" *ngFor="let router of list" [routerLink]="router.path" routerLinkActive="router-link-act"): GridComponent@13:0, Directive RouterLinkWithHref

1 Reply

JK Jayaprakash Kamaraj Syncfusion Team October 24, 2016 10:21 AM UTC

Hi Aniruddha, 

To render the column template we suggest you to use property binding instead of passing the string value to the template attribute.   

Find the code example  

app.component.ts 

<ej-grid [allowPaging]="true" [allowSorting]="true" [dataSource]="gridData" [columns]="columns"> 
<e-columns> 
        <e-column headerText="Roles" width="80" [template]="template"></e-column> 
</ej-grid> 

`, 
    directives: [EJ_DIALOG_COMPONENTS, EJ_GRID_COMPONENTS, CORE_DIRECTIVES] 
}) 
export class AppComponent { 
       public template= "#columnTemp"; 

constructor() {   
    } 
} 

Index.html 

<script type="text/x-jsrender" id="columnTemp"> 
      <a>asd</a>