We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tab control buttons breaking

I havent tested this behavior in isolation so this may need sample code to demonstrate it breaking but heres what i know for sure. * I create a tab control (using the OneNote style) and add 5 tabs to it programatically. * The combined width is too wide to display all at once. * The little forward and backward buttons work fine * I remove all tabs and recreate them again * The little forward and backward buttons dont work. In fact I cant even see them - although there is a blank spot where they once were. * Also the leftmost tab is cropped in half (this is not due to a scrolling panel but appears as if this is the problem). * Resizing the window doesnt help. The control works fine as far as selecting tabs is concerned, but you can only select tabs that are visible. -simon *

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2004 10:02 PM UTC

Hi Simon, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. Please provide us with the following information : 1. A sample application shoing the above mentioned problem 2. Version of Essential Suite used 3. Version of .NET framework and OS used We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2004 01:33 AM UTC

Thanks for your reply. I''ll create an example app by tomorrow and post it here. For starters I''m using Framework 1.1 on 2003 Server with the RC1 version 2.0.3.0 of the library. As far as I know all I''m doing is creating the tabs and clearing and recreating them but I''ll make a sample app to duplicate the behavior.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2004 04:04 AM UTC

Ok - figured this one out but i''m still enclosing an example. The problem is I was using Controls.Clear() to clear my tab pages instead of TabPages.Clear(). The example shows the two ways to add and delete controls. Obviously i''ll be fine now but might be good to catch this at some point and prevent the ''bug''. -simon OneNoteTabBug_2600.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2004 01:42 PM UTC

Hi Simon, Thanks for the update, and also for the sample application. The TabControlAdv.Controls.Clear() method should not be used to delete the TabPageAdvs. Like you mentioned above TabControlAdv.TabPages.Clear() is the right one. Please let me know if you need any other information. We appreciate your continued support to Syncfusion. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2004 05:15 PM UTC

Heres another sample application for a different problem. PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS CAREFULLY * Run it and two windows will pop up * Resize both windows to make them bigger * Switch to ''Tab number 0'' on both controls * You will see one of the controls does not draw properly and a grey image is drawn over the yellow and orange panels inside. The size of the image is the size of the initial tab control when it is displayed. * The only difference in the two windows is whether or not TabPages.Clear() was called in the constructor. This is indicated by the title bar of the window. I have isolated the problem exactly: * Add tabs to a tab control in the designer * In the constructor for the form call TabPages.Clear() and then add new tabs. * To those new tabs add colored panel controls. If you dont have any tabs in the tab control in the designer OR you dont call TabPages.Clear() OR you call Controls.Clear() instead then the problem doesnt occur. However you cant call Controls.Clear() as previously discussed because that breaks the tab navigation buttons. I can resolve this by not adding any tabs in the designer although it would be nice to be able to do so to see a real tab control in the designer instead of an empty panel. -simon OneNoteTabBug_5497.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2004 05:32 PM UTC

and again i know this is kind of obscure and i''m not expecting you to say ''itll be fixed tomorrow'' or even necessarily care if it ever gets changed. just wanted to help out since youve all always been so helpful to me ) anyone programatically adding tabs may come across this if they initialize the tabs in code and have already got tabs in the designer.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon