We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to style Group Drop Area Items

I'm no able to styling the Group Drop Area Items.
I've tried to use the GroupDropAreaStyleProperty to change foregraund and background but it is able to change only the Watermark Area and not the Item after they are dropped inside.

4 Replies

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team October 13, 2016 07:06 AM UTC

Hi Gianni, 

You can customize the GropDropArea by writing the style for GroupDropArea . We already have a kb for this, 

Kb Link: 

UG Link: 

And you can apply the style for GroupDropAreaItem by write the style for GroupDropAreaItem like below, 

<Window.Resources> 
       <Style x:Key="GroupDropAreaItemStyle" TargetType="{x:Type Syncfusion:GroupDropAreaItem}"> 
            <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="Red" /> 
            <Setter Property="Background" Value="LightBlue" /> 
        </Style> 
        <Style BasedOn="{StaticResource GroupDropAreaItemStyle}" TargetType="{x:Type Syncfusion:GroupDropAreaItem}" /> 
    </Window.Resources> 

Please refer the following  UG to show how to edit the default style for SfDataGrid  

Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

AD Ameer Deen replied to Unknown April 7, 2018 02:32 PM UTC

I'm no able to styling the Group Drop Area Items.
I've tried to use the GroupDropAreaStyleProperty to change foregraund and background but it is able to change only the Watermark Area and not the Item after they are dropped inside.

Agree

LE Leo replied to Jai Ganesh S July 12, 2019 02:22 AM UTC

Hi Gianni, 

You can customize the GropDropArea by writing the style for GroupDropArea . We already have a kb for this, 

Kb Link: 

UG Link: 

And you can apply the style for GroupDropAreaItem by write the style for GroupDropAreaItem like below, 

<Window.Resources> 
       <Style x:Key="GroupDropAreaItemStyle" TargetType="{x:Type Syncfusion:GroupDropAreaItem}"> 
            <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="Red" /> 
            <Setter Property="Background" Value="LightBlue" /> 
        </Style> 
        <Style BasedOn="{StaticResource GroupDropAreaItemStyle}" TargetType="{x:Type Syncfusion:GroupDropAreaItem}" /> 
    </Window.Resources> 

Please refer the following  UG to show how to edit the default style for SfDataGrid  

Regards, 
Jai Ganesh S 

Hi,

Would you have the controltemplate for GroupDropAreaItem?

Thanks!

SS Susmitha Sundar Syncfusion Team July 12, 2019 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Leo, 

Thank you for your update. 

We have analyzed your requirement of “Need controltemplate for GroupDropAreaItem”. We have prepared the sample for customize the GroupDropAreaItem with ControlTemplate. Please refer the following sample, 

Regards, 
Susmitha S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon