We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Control equivalent to ListView but with Office themes supported

Hello,

Is there Syncfusion control that is equivalent to System.Windows.Forms.ListView, but also has support for Office themes (like other Syncfusion Windows Forms controls, e.g, ButtonAdv)?

Regards,
Marcin.

7 Replies

PK Pavithra Kodiyarasan Syncfusion Team October 13, 2016 05:54 AM UTC

Hi Marcin, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have the GridListControl that is equivalent to System.Windows.Forms.ListView. The GridListControl provides a very rich way to display a list of items in a multicolumn list view with headers. It has the support for office themes.  

For more information about the GridListControl, Please refer the below link, 

We have dashboard sample regards the GridListControl. Please find the samples in below location. 
<InstalledLocation\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\VersionNumber\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grid List Control\Visual Style Demo\CS> 

Regards, 
Pavithra K. 

MK MARCIN KUROWSKI October 13, 2016 03:24 PM UTC

Thank you for answer.

I checked GridListControl, but it doesn't seem to satisfy my requirements. I need to be able to change mode like ListView View property does (between options: small icons, large icons, list, tile, details).

Is there a control that allows changing view like that with Office theme support?

PK Pavithra Kodiyarasan Syncfusion Team October 14, 2016 06:47 AM UTC

Hi Marcin, 

Thanks for your update. 

We don’t have control which supports view types as ListView. But it can be achieved by followings, 

List View and Report View 
The GridListControl does not have support for Icon view and small icon view. But we can add the images or icons in the GridListControl cells. For more information, refer the below sample, 
<InstalledLocation\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\VersionNumberWindows\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grid List Control\Getting Started\CS> . You can use the GridListControl for ListView and Report View. 

Large icons and Small icons 
You can use GroupView Control for Large icons and Small icons. The GroupView control is a List-type control that can display a list of items. 

For more information, please refer the below sample,  
<InstalledLocation\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\VersionNumberWindows\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\GroupBar\GroupView\CS 

Regards, 
Pavithra K. 

MK MARCIN KUROWSKI October 19, 2016 07:43 AM UTC

Hello,

I checked GroupView control, and it does have some ListView-like options. However I cannot seem to get result akin to ListView Details mode, with customizable columns. Is it possible to achieve with that control?

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team October 20, 2016 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Marcin, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have analyzed your scenario. The GroupView control supports to display data in List order. But it does not supports other ListView modes and Customizable columns. 

Please let us know if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

MK MARCIN KUROWSKI October 24, 2016 10:02 AM UTC

Therefore I would like to make a request for such control.

To recap, I need a control, that behaves like System.Windows.Forms.ListView. In particular it supports viewing modes of ListView (available on its View property, options: small icons, large icons, list, tile, details), but also has support for Office themes like other Syncfusion controls do.

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team October 25, 2016 04:54 AM UTC

Hi Marcin 
Thank you for using Syncfusion products.  
We have created a new incident for this scenario. Please follow-up with the incident created for further assistance.  
Direct-trac link:  
Regards,  
Piruthiviraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon