We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Change HDFS storage location

I'm new to the Hadoop ecosystem, so apologies in advance for using incorrect terminology.

I'm trying to change my HDFS storage location. I recently installed Syncfusion Big Data Platform version v3.1.0.3 to try out on my computer. It's installed on my C: drive which is an SSD drive.

Am I correct in assuming that the HDFS storage is located in the installation directory. I'd prefer to move it to a regular drive.

Is there a way to do this without having to uninstall?

1 Reply

CM Churchil Mariyasagayaraj Syncfusion Team October 12, 2016 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Joseph Lin,   

Thank you for using Syncfusion BigData Platform.   

You don’t have to uninstall. Please do the following changes in your Hadoop package for it to work.   

·       Stop all the running Hadoop services by using service manager.   

·       Open hdfs-site.xml file from the following location.   

“<installDrive>:\Syncfusion\BigData\<Build version>\BigDataSDK\SDK\Hadoop\etc\hadoop\hdfs-site.xml”.   

·       Change the NameNode and DataNode directory according to your SSD location.   

Please refer to the below screenshot (here we have used SSD which has the drive letter D:/).   

·       Copy the Metadata folders namenode and datanode from the below location.   

“<installDrive>:\Syncfusion\BigData\<Build version>\BigDataSDK\Metadata\data\dfs”   

·       Paste the metadata folders to SSD directory as mentioned in the hdfs-site.xml file.   

(Ex: D:\Syncfusion\BigData\3.1.0.25\BigDataSDK\Metadata\data\dfs)   

·       Restart the Hadoop services, hdfs location changed from default C:/ to other directories of your SSD.   

Note: The folder structure must be the same as hdfs-site.xml. If not, it may cause the problem while starting the Hadoop services.    

Please let us know if you have any other concern.   

Regards,   
Churchil M.   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon