We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

create events from database

Hi, I am able to show any event created on my sfCalendar in Xamarin.Forms on the android one, so I was wondering if there is a way to get events from a database using a web service for example, and to show them on my calendar on real time, so when I add to my database a new event wiht the specific date, name, description, etc. it will show on that date and with that name and description, etc. in the calendar on my app.
Hope I'm being specific enough, if not please do tell me and also if it is not possible with calendar, is it possible with the SfSchedule?

5 Replies

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team October 11, 2016 01:34 PM UTC

Hi Andres,

We have analyzed your requirement in our side. Currently we are analyzing about how to retrieve the events from web service and convert to calendar or SfSChedule events.  We will update you more deatils on October 13,2016. 

Regards,
Rajkumar G 

AA Andres Alejandre October 11, 2016 07:12 PM UTC

Thanks a lot, I'll surely await for your response.

TO THIAGO OJEDA NOGUEIRA October 11, 2016 10:02 PM UTC

Hello,
Recently I created one using Google Firebase, ultilizo from User Authentication to record real-time database.

var eventoColetadorOk = true;
listView.ItemAppearing += async (s, e) =>
{
if (eventoColetadorOk)
{
FirebaseClient clienteDB = new FirebaseClient("https://YOURACCOUNTFIREBASE.firebaseio.com/");
coletadorDataEspecial2 = await clienteDB
.Child("lancamentos")
.Child(Login.Login.auth.User.LocalId)
.OnceAsync<Lancamentos>();

foreach (var item2 in coletadorDataEspecial2)
{
DateTime conveterData = Convert.ToDateTime($"{item2.Object.Data}");
collection.Add(new CalendarInlineEvent { StartTime = conveterData, EndTime = conveterData, Subject = item2.Object.Descricao });
LRetorno.Add(new LancamentosRetorno
{
Descricao = item2.Object.Descricao,
Valor = item2.Object.Valor,
Data = item2.Object.Data,
Categoria = item2.Object.Categoria,
Tipo = item2.Object.Tipo,
Forma = item2.Object.Forma,
EstaPago = item2.Object.EstaPago
});

}

eventoColetadorOk = false;
}
}

public class Lancamentos
{
public string Descricao { get; set; }
public string Valor { get; set; }
public string Data { get; set; }
public string Categoria { get; set; }
public string Tipo { get; set; }
public string Forma { get; set; }
public bool EstaPago { get; set; }

}

if you need the code can post here for a sample,

as you can see I collect the information you only need the first time Listview displays.

put the whole event in listview not find another better place, so my application was fast and practice.

I not left completely in real time it can consume a lot User band, since Brazil in my country, that the developer has to take into consideration!

I have helped!

good luck!

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team October 12, 2016 02:08 PM UTC

Hi Thiago,

Thanks for your update.

As we promised earlier we will update more details on tommorrow.

Regards,
Rajkumar G

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team October 13, 2016 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Thiago,

We have prepared custom sample to meet your requirement, in this sample we have stored events in Database and retrieved and assigned to Calendar DataSource property. Please find the sample from below link

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/126351/ze/CalendarApplicationDemo-1021776525 

If your requirement is different from the above scenario please let us know with the actual requirement details so that we can analyze and provide you a better solution.

Regards,
Rajkumar G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon