We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

The name "PdfDocumentView" does not exist in the namespace

I recently decided to try PdfViewer Control in my software.

This is the namespace registered:

xmlns:Syncfusion ="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.Windows.PdfViewer;assembly=Syncfusion.PdfViewer.WPF" 

And this is how I have declared the Control inside a Grid:

<Syncfusion:PdfViewerControl Name="pdfViewerControl1" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" />

Hi have this reference

Syncfusion.Compression.Base
Syncfusion.Core
Syncfusion.Pdf.Base
Syncfusion.PdfViewer.Wpf
Syncfusion.Shared.Wpf

Visual Studio autocompletes the Control declaration and attributes, and I am even able to see the preview from the XAML file but if I compile the software I get:

The name "PdfDocumentView" does not exist in the namespace "clr-namespace:Syncfusion.Windows.PdfViewer;assembly=Syncfusion.PdfViewer.WPF".

how do I fix?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

NK Navaneetha Kannan Sudalai Muthu Syncfusion Team October 10, 2016 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Matteo, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are unable to reproduce the issue “PdfDocumentView does not exist in the namespace” while we have tried to reproduce the issue in our side with the details provided. We have attached the sample we have tried and it can be downloaded from the below link.  

You can try this sample, modify this sample, or provide us a simple sample with which this issue could be reproduced. It will be better for us to investigate more and assist you better if you can provide the below details to us. 

1.      Visual Studio version. 
2.      Syncfusion Essential Studio version. 

Best, 
Navaneetha Kannan

MA matteo October 10, 2016 12:17 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply.
Today I will provide you with all the data.
It is possible that the error is due to the fact that I downloaded from NuGet and not the installer package?

MA matteo October 10, 2016 05:44 PM UTC

Hi, the sample project works fine.
But if I change the destination in ".NET Framework 4 Client Profile" I get the same error.
However if I change to ".NET Framework 4" works.

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team October 11, 2016 01:34 PM UTC

Hi Matteo, 

At present we do not have support for PdfViewerControl in .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, hence the issue “PdfDocumentView does not exist in the namespace” occurred. We request you to use the .NET frameworks (3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.6) which are supported by PdfViewerControl. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon