We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfChart in new window

Hi,
I'm using SfChart to create a PieChart in my app. Actually it is simple to do that but I want to view the chart in another Window, another one than the Main Window. My app is an Universal app, and In order to view the chart in another window I have to create it. At first run, the new window appear and it contains my Chart, but second time there is an exception like bellow
"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at Windows.UI.Xaml.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)
at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.ChartDockPanel.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
at Windows.UI.Xaml.FrameworkElement.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Charts.SfChart.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)"

I think this is not an exception from Windows because if Im not using SfChart controller, let's say that I set Text property of a TextBox to "test" it is working every time I press the button. There is something that I'm missing? It say that the problem is from MeasureOverride method, but I don't have any solution for this. Is the any way to resolve this issue?

I attached an example to this Thread, so you can observe the problem.

Thank you!

Attachment: ChartswithSyncfusion_e3027724.rar

3 Replies

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team October 7, 2016 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Pavel, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

The reported problem can be resolved by applying the ItemTemplate  for chart legend. We have modified the provided sample and it can be downloaded from below link, 

Regards, 
Devi 

PM Pavel Marius Iulian October 11, 2016 07:50 AM UTC

Hi Devi Aruna,
Thank you for your support! I would have never thought about that.

Thank you again, you're doing a great job!

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team October 12, 2016 04:37 AM UTC

Hi Pavel, 

Thanks for your update. 

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Devi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon